Cheatham Co. Cubs 2009 Football Schedule

I just saw where the football schedule has not yet been finalized on CoachT's list so here it is. Could someone please post the complete schedule for me? Thanks!

August 21: at Smith Co.

August 28: East Robertson

September 4: at Stewart Co.

September 11: Sycamore (9th Annual Battle for the Powder Keg)

September 18: at Montgomery Central

September 25: at Greenbrier

October 2: BYE WEEK

October 9: at Harpeth

October 16: Camden Central (Homecoming 2009)

October 23: Waverly Central

October 30: Creek Wood (Senior Night 2009)

All District 11-AA Games are in BOLD

As could either Harpeth or Sycamore............we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the fall /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BTW, glad that you like my signature so much to comment on it repeatedly ksgovols. Makes me feel kind of important knowing that you are thinking of it every single time you follow a post in which I happen to make. If it's that big of a deal to you just come and talk to me about it on October 9th.

Harpeth and Sycamore don't play next year.

I didn't recognize that it was in your siggy. That's even sadder Joey.

Play for Region championships and the county crap takes care of itself. County champs is not a very lofty goal and all sports considered, I imagine Harpeth could lay claim to as many as the other 2 schools. The ones Harpeth puts on the gym walls are district, region and state appearances. Winning county means squat.

I am glad Harpeth is playing Cheatham again.

Harpeth and Sycamore don't play next year.

I didn't recognize that it was in your siggy. That's even sadder Joey.

Play for Region championships and the county crap takes care of itself. County champs is not a very lofty goal and all sports considered, I imagine Harpeth could lay claim to as many as the other 2 schools. The ones Harpeth puts on the gym walls are district, region and state appearances. Winning county means squat.

I am glad Harpeth is playing Cheatham again.

Well.............if you knew the meaning behind that signature then you'd see that it's posted just as a way to get beneath the skin of some who have poked fun at the Cubs Football Program. It's not meant as a "bragging" tool just so you know. Just as this thread wasn't started as a way to get personal with other posters /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I am glad Harpeth and Cheatham Co. are playing also. I can't wait to finally get to see Roark & Horkins play football in person. They've done some good things the last 2 years. I also want to see the Douglas kid play. I hear he is a force on the DL. Is Tyler Adkisson playing football at Harpeth this fall? Supposedly he has transferred to HHS to play both football and basketball for the Indians.

I hope this year's game in Kingston Springs is as hard fought as the game played on the same field 10 years ago when Harpeth beat Cheatham Co. 14-6. On that night Harpeth stopped Cheatham Co. on 4th & Goal from the 1 yard line on the game's final play to preserve the victory. That was the first time that the 2 schools played one another in football following a 2 year period of not playing (1997-1998). Sounds awfully familiar to the situation that we are heading into this season.

Cheatham County should find this schedule more to their liking. However, I do see some tough games.

Smith County, Camden, and Greenbrier will be tough and well coached every year. But I would think it would beat playing David Lipscomb, Giles Co., and Marshall Co.

Greenbrier & Sycamore remain on the non-district schedule and Gordonsville is not off the slate as the season opener and Smith Co. is now the season opener.

Gone are David Lipscomb, Marshall Co., Giles Co., Page, & Spring Hill. Back to the slate from years gone by are Stewart Co., Harpeth, Waverly Central, & East Robertson (plus Camden who will be quite an interesting new district foe).

Creek Wood & Montgomery Central remain in the district as teams that the Cubs have played in district play the last 4 years. Ironically though both of them are 4A schools in the new district as to where the Cubs will now by in 3A.

I don't know if the new district means that the Cubs are automatically looking to win district championships. I'm sure that is a great goal for the team to have but this year's squad will be very young and have a lot new faces in new places when the 2009 season begins. I expect for the preseason rankings to likely have Camden, Harpeth, & Waverly Central all picked ahead of Cheatham Co. All of those teams have returning experience from recent years. We'll have to wait and see just how the new district breaks down as the season progresses from now through the end of October.

I expect for the preseason rankings to likely have Camden, Harpeth, & Waverly Central all picked ahead of Cheatham Co. All of those teams have returning experience from recent years. We'll have to wait and see just how the new district breaks down as the season progresses from now through the end of October.

Sandbagger. All you have to do to beat Harpeth is get off the bus.

I saw Tyler at a couple of the Harpeth basketball games at the end of last season, but I have not heard from anybody on either of those teams about him transferring over and I've heard nothing about him being at any of the summer workouts to date. Not that that means anything, but teenagers typically can't keep their mouths shut about those sort of things. I knew Dansby and Foriest were coming to Harpeth last summer for instance. Haven't heard anything this summer about any transfers, though the new open enrollment policy could get interesting.

Sandbagger. All you have to do to beat Harpeth is get off the bus.

There's a difference in having respect for opposing teams and being a "sandbagger". I can assure you that Cheatham (nor anyone else in District 11-AA) can ever just "chalk it up" against anyone on a given night. That's the kind of thinking that gets you beat in a hurry!