Amy Brown steps down at TTU

jimbo44

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the only second post in three years. The other one was when Amy was hired. I said back then she would not last 2 years but she did last longer than I said. Some people can play the game but not teach it. I hope the next coach recruits some of the local talent.

This is the only second post in three years. The other one was when Amy was hired. I said back then she would not last 2 years but she did last longer than I said. Some people can play the game but not teach it. I hope the next coach recruits some of the local talent.

What you said may be true, but coaching at the college level requires more than just teaching and making sure they go to class. Health issues (injuries) have been a problem. I haven't watched a practice since Bill Worrel retired.

What I saw there was mostly group teach. It should be understood that recuits have basic bball skills. Fine tuning

is required to fit the new kids into the system.

May be some footwork and finer technical work at the begining for the freshmen. Then some continuing training as they progress. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Will NOT be Jim Brown /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Did Jim tell you that, or is that something you heard? /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Hear-say is not allowed on court. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Jimbo 44,

Amy recruiting was lacking and obviously her ablility to improve her recruits was lacking to. If Tech is justing offering 86,000.00 per year Jim Brown will not take that job. I would almost bet he is making that at Jackson County with all the incentives.

Jimbo 44,

Amy recruiting was lacking and obviously her ablility to improve her recruits was lacking to. If Tech is justing offering 86,000.00 per year Jim Brown will not take that job. I would almost bet he is making that at Jackson County with all the incentives.

I read the Gainsboro newspaper every Wed. I don't believe the AD and Womens BBall coach makes that much.

We who live in Jackson Co are very tight with our dollars. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Jimbo 44,

Amy recruiting was lacking and obviously her ablility to improve her recruits was lacking to.

Amy's freshman class this year was very impressive. some get-after it players. Last years recruits showed promiss too.

Don't slam her for her not recruiting TN players.

Bill Worrell mixed TN players and others to build his teams.

It did seem, when he had all those White Co kids, that he recruited heavy close to home.

jimbo you need to get out of the woodshed.

You're right.

These danged Cooperheads keep biting me on the ankles. It itches more than a skeeter bite.

/ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Last year it was a Brown Recluse. That turned black and got to stinking. Thank the LORD for modern medicine. Bleach don't do it. See a doctor. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Jimbo 44,

Just guessing here, but I seriously doubt he makes that much! If so, more power to him, but I do not think this is accurate.