Farragut @ Oak Ridge- Who Will It Be???

tnchad1980

Farragutless looked great last night. I think they will have a great year. Bounder & I are old school. Farragutless comes from a time when the series stopped.

We still wanted to play but someone else took their ball & went home .

You are wrong. Farragut was NEVER one of the teams that refused to play Oak Ridge. When that controversy was at it's height, Ken Sparks was at Farragut. It was Farragut who ended OR's consecutive run of state championships by winning the district in 1978 with a victory over OR at Blankenship. The game in 1977 at Farragut could have gone either way. Too bad more than one team from each district couldn't advance back then. A rematch might have been a different story. Either way, at that time, Farragut was Oak Ridge's toughest opposition.

I think you might be referring to even "older" school days, Former44. I suspect that Bladerunner is talking about the 2-year break in the series back in '91 and '92.

I wish both programs well. Knoxville area football is far more interesting, in my opinion, when the Wildcats and Admirals field strong teams.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct, 91-92.. is where it all started It was after the Infamous 92 season Farragut signed back up..

Old 44 did you know my Dad?

1991. Good memories! I will never forget that cold day in Murfreesboro.

I'm not convinced yet that OR loses a bunch of games this year. I'll be better prepared to make my pinpoint accurate prediction after this Friday LOL. :thumb:

We are on the same page my friend, I hope your are correct about the when we will win, I will say this.. I did see some things that I liked in the first half.. If we can translate some of that to the D & for the entire game...we will be good to go.

I think once Farragut adjusted to what we were doing it was over.

We need to learn to adjust as a team & then we will be fine.

I was impressed that Farragut was able to shred our defense like they did. Prior to the season I felt like our defense looked to have alot of potential. (Looked dominant in the spring in Cookeville. Didn't look great against Alcoa, but neither did Maryville!) I think alot of people may not be giving enough credit to just how good this Farragut team is because...they're Farragut. This may be the year for them to get there or get awfully close. We alread knew we were not a championship contender this year. So, if Farragut is, it's not a shock (but still dissappointing) that they handled us easily. I really feel like we will know alot more about where this team is after Central and Powell. Both are quality teams but not necessarily world beaters IMO. I would not be surprised if OR held their own pretty well in the next two games. I also will predict that assuming no major injuries, this team will make more progress throughout the season than most other teams will. I believe they will be playing their best ball at the end of the year.

We are on the same page my friend, I hope your are correct about the when we will win, I will say this.. I did see some things that I liked in the first half.. If we can translate some of that to the D & for the entire game...we will be good to go.

Give your new coach a chance. He proved his skills in the Middle TN area, I think Maryville respects his coaching.

If Farragut takes it all this year, then high school football in Tennessee has sunk to an all time low. They have a good football team, but that's all it is. They are not special, and they are not great.

How stupid! Farragut was ranked #1 and in the top 10 most of last year. Sour Grapes RK! FHS has been in the hunt even when OR made it to the Championship game a few years ago.

If Farragut takes it all this year, then high school football in Tennessee has sunk to an all time low. They have a good football team, but that's all it is. They are not special, and they are not great.

How stupid! Farragut was ranked #1 and in the top 10 most of last year. Sour Grapes RK! FHS has been in the hunt even when OR made it to the Championship game a few years ago.

There are no sour grapes here. I have no problem with Farragut except that I wish we had beaten them. They are obviosly better than we are. It's just that the team that I saw last Friday night just doesn't look like a state championship team unless going to six classes has watered down the field. I think many OR fans think just because they beat us by 25 that they must be championship material. I do not concur. We are just not very good at this time in our history. I like what I hear about how hard our kids work. I like the discipline that has returned, but we are not one of the top teams around here.

There are no sour grapes here. I have no problem with Farragut except that I wish we had beaten them. They are obviosly better than we are. It's just that the team that I saw last Friday night just doesn't look like a state championship team unless going to six classes has watered down the field. I think many OR fans think just because they beat us by 25 that they must be championship material. I do not concur. We are just not very good at this time in our history. I like what I hear about how hard our kids work. I like the discipline that has returned, but we are not one of the top teams around here.

rallykat is nothing but a sore loser can't stand it. Every post I have read wiht him in it has nothing good to say. rallykat if you can not say nothing good don't say nothing at all and go buy you a big case of paper towels to cry in after each game.

rallykat is nothing but a sore loser can't stand it. Every post I have read wiht him in it has nothing good to say. rallykat if you can not say nothing good don't say nothing at all and go buy you a big case of paper towels to cry in after each game.

Have you ever attended school? If you did, then you must have skipped reading class on a regular basis. I am not a sore loser, and I had plenty good to say. I have said that Farragut has a good team. I just simply don't think them to be a championship team. Only time will tell. I like the way our kids work, and I like the discipline, but I just don't think we are a very good team at this point. There is much more positive there than negative. Please have someone read my post to you, and then have them explain it.

Give your new coach a chance. He proved his skills in the Middle TN area, I think Maryville respects his coaching.

You must have posted to me by mistake, I do like the Coach & I was just stated the facts. They could be seen as positve or negative but I am giving this Coach a chance.

Have you ever attended school? If you did, then you must have skipped reading class on a regular basis. I am not a sore loser, and I had plenty good to say. I have said that Farragut has a good team. I just simply don't think them to be a championship team. Only time will tell. I like the way our kids work, and I like the discipline, but I just don't think we are a very good team at this point. There is much more positive there than negative. Please have someone read my post to you, and then have them explain it.

i agree i dont think FHS looked like a championship team last week, but remember it was just week 1. who would have thought oakland would have run away with the title last year after their first two games? no one. they have the potential if they get better every week. OR really has the right coach on the sidelines now. and even if they lose a few games this year there is still a positive, as i understand OR only has to have a better record than karns to make the playoffs in this new system. could be wrong but aren't they the only 6A schools in the district? i like my chances if i'm a wildcat.