Best D-II players and teams for '03

BriC

from what i saw last year, baylor could have a pretty good returning team, and maccallie will be better than last year, depending on how far ryan moore can carry them because i could see if they had much after him...father ryan won't be quite as good as last year, with 5 starters graduating i'm pretty sure, so their pitching and hitting won't be as dominant, especially without mullins. this is the do or die year for ba, with around 10 returning seniors. MBA should be quite a bit better than last year even with the lose of warner jones..they got a new cpa transfer junior pitcher, richard jacques who supposedly is pretty good, so they will have a much improved picthing staff. you can never count out cbhs, and with the new tournament format, everyone who plays consistently good baeball has a great shot at it all.

• 2 weeks later...

i would agree with webb, and they will definitely be where they were again this year, although mba didn't ge to play them in the state last year, so i don't really know what i'm talking about. middle tennessee is going to be about as strong as ever with every team returning numerous startes, mba for example 7 with a much stronger, deeper pitching staff.

8 returning starters(most with 3 yrs experience). Pitching

has grown in depth since last year. A very strong/seasoned

group of Juniors and Sophomores....very impressive Freshman

class. Although their record was not great last year, they

had numerous 1 and 2 run losses with Freshmen and Sophomore

pitching.

Look for this team to rebound in a big way in 2003.