Dyersburg vs. DC- Predictions

RogerDodger

fyi for the monday morning arm chair qb's.....

jcs played milan friday night.....they too run the spread offense....their qb completed 22 of 39 pass attempts of 56% completion and a 11.2 per yard average per reception.... the 22 completed passes were for 247 yards….

dyer county completed 38 of 59 for 64% completion.....for a 9.7 per yard average...the 38 completed passes were for 370 yards.....

so i guess that milan has a sorry pass defense as well???????

dc does a good job of running this offense….which also shows when they participate in 7 on 7 as most schools cannot stop it…..you cannot defend the spread by bringing the house…..if you do, then you will get burned even worse…. you start with 3, then sometimes bring 4 and 5……if you do it often, then you will get smoked….

99% of high schools teams RUN RUN RUN……and for that, give the trojans and coach butler big props as they held dyer county to -3 yards rushing…

braden, zane, and parks and others all did an outstanding job friday night by defending their “man”….

if you want some substance to complain about, then I would worry more about 100 yards of penalties and kick coverage…. that must improve quickly or it will cost us some games down the road….

good win trojans…..keep up the hard work….

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To SAINT KNUTE II about refs.......Here are a few reasons why....Refs blew whistle on 2 pt conversion...they were TOLD they were running it, player checked in inside the hash marks before going back out. Inadvertant whistle on kickoff return. A pass interference not called on 4th down.....chain gang would NOT tighten up chains on Dyersburg 4th near end of game after coaches saying something about it...refs did nothing. Look I would say the same thing REGARDLESS who was playing...refs did bad job...I could add more but why bother???? :geek:

From where I stood this is what I saw... The 2-point conversion for DC was seriously messed up by the striped shirts. It was as if they had never seen it done before. That was wrong. The inadvertent whistle on the kickoff proved to be costly. Not sure if it came from the stands or from one of the refs, but it proved costly all the same. However, DC's touchdown on Dyersburg's side of the field on a pass was just as bad. Those that know me know I wouldn't say it if I hadn't seen it, but the receiver was clearly out of bounds. Should have been pass interference on D'burg, but not a touchdown. There was a man there from TSSAA that I was talking to and he agreed the player was out of bounds. In any case, terrible calls that helped one squad and hurt the other, but hey it was the first game for everybody. As far as the comment about the chain gang, I was on the other end of the field and didn't see that one. Hopefully the tape from the game will be seen by the officials and help in future games.

fyi for the monday morning arm chair qb's.....

jcs played milan friday night.....they too run the spread offense....their qb completed 22 of 39 pass attempts of 56% completion and a 11.2 per yard average per reception.... the 22 completed passes were for 247 yards….

dyer county completed 38 of 59 for 64% completion.....for a 9.7 per yard average...the 38 completed passes were for 370 yards.....

so i guess that milan has a sorry pass defense as well???????

dc does a good job of running this offense….which also shows when they participate in 7 on 7 as most schools cannot stop it…..you cannot defend the spread by bringing the house…..if you do, then you will get burned even worse…. you start with 3, then sometimes bring 4 and 5……if you do it often, then you will get smoked….

99% of high schools teams RUN RUN RUN……and for that, give the trojans and coach butler big props as they held dyer county to -3 yards rushing…

braden, zane, and parks and others all did an outstanding job friday night by defending their “man”….

if you want some substance to complain about, then I would worry more about 100 yards of penalties and kick coverage…. that must improve quickly or it will cost us some games down the road….

good win trojans…..keep up the hard work….

They can't defend the spread..Sorry..Dyer County ran one play for a TD..then had it call back..I told somebody..Watch they will RUN IT AGAIN..and they did...and they scored a TD..They couldn't defend against Bolivar, Dyer County or Memphis Mitchell..Teams that have always had success throwing the ball against Dyersburg no matter what...or who the coach was...And yes we held DC to negative yards rushing but when you throw in the yardage lost on sacks..plus how many did they even try to run the ball?..

If you got the ATHLETES...looks like it is better to "find a number" and cover him...When it was 3rd and long..It was 1st down...Glad we won the game though, Looks like Stowe has a horse in Taylor and is gonna ride him this year...Problem is...Teams are pretty soon put 8 in the box and make Brown beat them..It will be interesting..