Oak Ridge scrimmages

Govolsknox

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jamboree starts at 7. Clinton/Campbell Co. first game, Oak Ridge/Anderson Co. second game. Both games are 2 quarters.

Thanks Dragon. Where is the jamboree being held?

All,

OR vs. Webb scrimmage canceled due to weather today! Please post if you hear of a reschedule time or any additional scrimmages.

There was an accident in Solway and traffic was backed all the way into Oak Ridge so folks counln't get out of town. Plus the monsoon hit about the same time, probably wasn't a really good turnout. We couldn't get out of town so I called someone that was there and he said it would be at least 8 o'clock so we gave up. Real good fan huh?

There was an accident in Solway and traffic was backed all the way into Oak Ridge so folks counln't get out of town. Plus the monsoon hit about the same time, probably wasn't a really good turnout. We couldn't get out of town so I called someone that was there and he said it would be at least 8 o'clock so we gave up. Real good fan huh?

You did better than I did, I walked out saw how dark it was at 5:30 & walked back in.

I guess on the 11th we will be going up against an very tough Alcoa team.

If you don't believe they are tough just ask Volfan5! At least he has a good high school team to cheer for!

Having watched a lot of Alcoa, I think he's right. Alcoa will be an excellent challenge for us. IMO, don't let the 3A fool you. JMHO.

No one is fooled here, that is why I said they are tough. Please see my post where I stated he at least has a HS team to cheer for. The jab was meant for his College team.

I am told they (Alcoa) have the best talent in the state.

Hve seen them this year?

I see. I misunderstood. It would be easy to assume he is just blowing smoke, but they are definitely for real. I do believe they can be outmatched by a top tier team in a higher classification, I'm just not sure we're there yet. I think OR will be much improved and have much better coaching, but I see this as a pretty major rebuilding of the program to get the numbers and the overall talent back to where OR has historically been. No, I haven't seen them this year. I am basing my opinion on watching 3 games and one scrimmage (of Alcoa) last year, following them pretty closely, what they had last year, what they lost and what they have returning. For example, while they lost their starting QB, I believe they will be better at QB this year. C. James was a very good athlete but I believe two of the guys that will see PT at QB this year will be more of a true QB than last year. My opinion is that last year was a "down year" for them on offense, while their defense was stellar for the most part. As far as the best talent in the state, I wouldn't venture an opinion. But what I will say is that for a school with 500 students (approx 250 male) they field a team of about 100 this year. Over the last 5-6 years, they have consistently had one or more legitimate D1 prospects on the team, sometimes several in a year. I have never seen a 2A team (using the old classifications) that has that kind of talent year in, year out. The numbers defy logic IMO. And while I respect Rankin, he didn't create Sykes, Warren, Shiverdecker, Sommers, Robinson, Cobb, .....