TCA v. Huntington Scrimmage... What are your thoughts?

tcaee

Trinity hasn't been part of the tssaa for many years, so that little stat means nothing... We'll take our 3 consecutive region championships and the fact that we DID win a scrimmage against a school with such a rich heritage in football. Looks like things are are only getting better

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first let me reiterate what I said earlier. Huntingdon fumbled 3 times inside the TCA ten. One of those was not a fumble but a td and everybody quit but the safety. The other two fumbles were merely drops not forced by TCA in the least. Had they been forced it would have been in the endzone. Those are very uncharacteristic fumbles by H-town. Had we not, its game over early. The names of the second team back were as follows: Jess dill, Chance Carlton, Corbin Jordan, and Tyler Warbritton. They split time with the 1st's the whole scrimmage. Now I think we're five td's better.

i had never been to tca's campus before the scrimage.i obviously still haven't because i didn't see the same game you tca fans say you saw. i saw one team for tca and three teams for huntingdon.tca subbed a couple of times the three hours i was there and huntingdon subbed for every postion.tca's a one star team.take number one out of the mix and what do you have?

Take number one out of the mix, and we have a well-coached football team, with players that have heart, skill, determination and character. Young men who love football and leave it all on the field and give the fans more than their money's worth every game. Our number one has those same qualities, plus exceptional God-given talent. Take your 25 best players and put them up against our 25 best players, and it would still be a close game. We have receivers with great hands, an impressive kicker/punter, linemen who do their assignments, a fullback who can plow through, etc, etc, etc. And TCA has intelligence. I am not saying Huntingdon does not have these things. I am responding to your question: without your #1 one, what does TCA have left?

So i still dont understand where you're trying to take this. Huntingdon DID NOT turn the ball over three times in the 10 yard line, it was 1 time, and no player on the field quit on the fumble, #1 picked it up within 4 seconds of it hitting the ground, and in a real game, that means its a live ball. TCA won the scrimmage, and yes, it was only a scrimmage, but to say that Huntingdon is all those touchdowns better is just an ignorant statement made by a disgruntled fan/player because they lost to Trinity.

I have enjoyed the exchanges between Huntingdon and TCA fans. There is nothing like this time of year and the way fans get behind their respective teams.

With that said, I will give my thoughts on the scrimmage. I honestly believe that without the turnovers Huntingdon is a better team than TCA. However, I have seen many "better" teams get beat because of turnovers. Turnovers are very much a part of the game and for the scrimmage, Huntingdon was beat because of it.

TCA has an impressive qb and some talented recievers. The run game had limited success other than some designed roll outs.

After watching Huntingdon's two scrimmages, I feel that our run defense looks pretty good but our pass defense has a ways to go. Offensively, things are coming together. We eliminate the turnovers and we are playing ball control football.

After watching TCA yesterday against West Carroll and Trenton, I do not see anyway they could beat or hang with Huntingdon. The Washington kid means everything to them and it will be a really really long year if he cant stay healthy. They never really came close to scoring on either team yesterday and their defense was really soft up front. TCA better just hope he can stay healthy and try to limit the licks he takes during the year.

At the trenton west carrol scrimmage, TCA didnt not have their starting fullback tailback quaterback or guard. They used their 4th string quarterback who has never played quarterback, but still threw for close to 100 yards. They used 2 backup guards and a freshman right tackle and still managed to move the ball. THe fullback has only played one year of football and that was in 8th grade. we also lost a starting receiver because he had to play quarterback. So with all that goin against us I believe that TCA did a great job against trenton and wc... And TCA scored on trenton and trenton never scored on TCA's d... west carrol scored on 2 long plays against trinity but other than that didnt move the ball that well.