Clinton vs Webb Scrimmage

coonhunter292

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Webb is looking forward to facing a quality team with an exceptional QB, RB and others. Webb scrimmaged Wartburg, Karns and Kingston last Friday and they did okay against them. Webb's looking pretty good except both their lines have a long way to go, so working against Clinton will really help.

I know Webb is looking forward to facing a quality team with an exceptional QB, RB and others. Webb scrimmaged Wartburg, Karns and Kingston last Friday and they did okay against them. Webb's looking pretty good except both their lines have a long way to go, so working against Clinton will really help.

Clinton has already scrimmaged a couple of teams, but i am wanting to see what we do against Webb before i can form an opinion about how we are going to fare this season. In the Maryville scrimmage, the word was that Maryville didnt play all their first team players, so i dont know how to judge what Clinton did against them. In the Science Hill scrimmage, once again Clinton looked very good, but i dont know what kind of team Science Hill is supposed to have this year. Webb is supposed to be a very good team this year, so maybe this will determine how good both teams really are.

I wouldn't say Webb is very good just yet. They graduated their entire O-line and D-line. Skill positions are their strength right now. Looking forward to Tuesday.

We have alot of respect for Webb! I think they finished 4-6 last season, and that usually doesnt happen. I think Murphy Fair has Webb picked to finish 2nd this year. It's early to tell what kind of teams we both have yet, but this scrimmage will let both teams know where they stand. I just hope both teams come out injury free....and good luck to Webb this year!

Dragon... I agree completely about coming out of it with no injuries. That is most important especially for a team like Webb who dresses about 50 players including freshman. They have about 8 players who go both ways so an injury to any of them is a big blow.

Webb's RBs will be a good test for your D. They are not very big but they can fly.

I also look forward to this scrimmage. I think Webb will give Clinton a good idea of what they need to get better at. Webb is a class program with great coaching and good skill players. THis will be a fun one to watch.....

Changing the subject slightly....Does anyone find it weird that the OSOR Jamboree features 4 teams from the same district that will all end up playing each other in the regular season?

I also look forward to this scrimmage. I think Webb will give Clinton a good idea of what they need to get better at. Webb is a class program with great coaching and good skill players. THis will be a fun one to watch.....

Changing the subject slightly....Does anyone find it weird that the OSOR Jamboree features 4 teams from the same district that will all end up playing each other in the regular season?

I find it strange that there are only 4 teams this year....i think there were around 8 last year. I would think that if you are trying to make money and bring in a good crowd, you would schedule more teams. Alot of people may not even come to the OROS Jamboree and go to the Knox Co. or Roane Co. jamboree just to see alot more teams. Im thinking about going to another jamboree myself just to check out some other teams. I dont know for sure yet, i will probably end up at the Ship friday night! :ugeek: