Franklin Rebel vs. Battle Ground Academy Wildcats

kingz615

Well it finally time to stop talking about "09" because it is suddenly upon us. The future is here... and what does it hold? We have the Franklin Rebels going up against the Wildcats of BGA for the first week of the season. Some have called this the battle for Mack Hatcher, but many might think of this game as THE high school versus THE private school.

Its kind of odd being on this side of the argument...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it finally time to stop talking about "09" because it is suddenly upon us. The future is here... and what does it hold? We have the Franklin Rebels going up against the Wildcats of BGA for the first week of the season. Some have called this the battle for Mack Hatcher, but many might think of this game as THE high school versus THE private school.

Its kind of odd being on this side of the argument...

Franklin big.....IMO Lee and Ford are too much....

Just as BGA's middle school team gave up 42 points in a scrimmage recently to a public school team in Rutherford County that hasn't won a regular season game in 3 years, their nearby public school will give their varsity a beating similar to what a narc at a biker rally would endure. FHS by 4 td's.

:mrgreen::evil:

Don't think a middle school scrimmage has any bearing on this game.... poor analogy IMO.

For those of you who do not know..

Franklin High has this little number 4 and 5

Combo.. Their names are ford and lee..

and will run ALL OVER BGA

and those are just the 2 that everyone already knows about..

Number 2 Sean Dye will have a break out season

starting off with pullvorizing the "###### Cats"

This game will be a NO CONTEST

new quarterback number 11 Matt Kuivinen will prolly get lots of yards in

this game and maybe a score or 2 after we run right threw the cats

This game is going to be closer than the experts think. Franklin is not dominant like years past. Yes, they have some talented backs, but the quarterback is not that good. I've seen him in person. He is going to have problems under pressure. They also do not have a great offensive line which means the backs will have to earn every yard they get. I'm not saying BGA is going to win, but I will be surprised if Franklin torches them.

I truly think Franklin finds a way to win it, but I dare to be different.

Final Score: BGA 28 Franklin 25 in the upset

Good luck to both teams!

What no offensive line? Big #78 is back from last years state runner-up team and is being looked at by schools to play at the next level... Plus sophomores from last years team that look like they can step up i think the three headed monster in the backfield with ford, lee, and dye will be too much for BGA.. Franklin by 3 tds.

For those of you who do not know..

Franklin High has this little number 4 and 5

Combo.. Their names are ford and lee..

and will run ALL OVER BGA

and those are just the 2 that everyone already knows about..

Number 2 Sean Dye will have a break out season

starting off with pullvorizing the "###### Cats"

This game will be a NO CONTEST

new quarterback number 11 Matt Kuivinen will prolly get lots of yards in

this game and maybe a score or 2 after we run right threw the cats

Hey buddy you need an offensive line to protect those guys in the backfield, they cant fly by or run over everyone. Losing 16 starters from a state runner-up team isnt good, thats a lot of new jerseys on the 1st string for week 0. Now Franklin usually doesnt have a problem reloading, but sooner or later it'll catch up. Prediction too close to call.

Let's hear your prediction then.

(sharpshooter, not GnastyReb...I think his prediction is pretty clear)

I would not have a problem with his prediction if he actually put some thought behind it. The only rational he used for predicting a Franklin blow out was that the middle school lost a scrimmage to a Rutherford County team. I have seen both teams scrimmage and am familiar with personnel for both teams. BGA will start a freshman lineman, sophomore left tackle, sophomore QB and soph. wide receiver on offense. On defense, BGA will start a freshman lineman, sophomore linebacker, two sophomore safeties, and a sophomore corner. Back ups are primarily freshmen so not much depth. I believe Franklin has only two sophomore starters and plenty of depth. On paper, this is a "no-brainer" as Franklin should win easily. But my guess is BGA will show up, play hard, and be well coached. If BGA doesn't turn the ball over and Franklin does, this could be close like the Franklin/ McCallie game last season.