Page Patriots versus the Lipscomb Mustangs

sportsnutdad

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be closer than years past. There is alot of senior leadership for the Patriots this year and they are faster this year as well. We all know Lipscomb brings "it" every year, so it should make for a good game. I believe Page can finally get a "W" this year against a young lipscomb team if they play sound football for 4 quarters. In years past, Page has been just as physical as Lipscomb...they just give up a few big game changing plays at the worst times. Page's D will still be tough, and I'd also look for an improved running game. They have a couple of new backs that rarely go down on initial contact. Their big question mark is still their QB, his play will ultimately determine how close this game is.

There's some good news and some bad news for Page in this one. The good news is it's your best chance to date to beat DL. Lipscomb loses the record setting place kicker, punter, and eighteen starters. The bad news is that the young kids got a lot of valuable minutes last year when the leads were big. My prediction in this one is Lipscomb 33-13.

One other bit of bad news, I guess, Lipscomb finally has some size.

No way Lipscomb deserves the hype with only 5 returning starters and only one of them playing his position from last year!The line is bigger with lots of pop,The defense is suffocating esp at the 3 horsemen linebacker positions . The DB's are fast and Physical, The QB's (all 3) are strong armed and mobile. Tha rb's are tough , quick , and shifty, and the 3 wideouts(one from each grade) are sure handed and fast. The wingback may be the fastest kid in the region.The punting and kicking game will not have a problem since one has been waiting in the wings. Did I mention the O line Looks like Road Graters. No , don't believe the hype!

This game will be available on WAMB RAdio AM 900.

Those who have computers will be able to watch it in real time with a simulcast with the radio broadcast. Yes there will be instant replay. We will have 5 cameras in use. You can find the link to the webcast on the Mustangfanpage.com The Link will be posted shortly before the 7 PM CST kickoff.

No way Lipscomb deserves the hype with only 5 returning starters and only one of them playing his position from last year!The line is bigger with lots of pop,The defense is suffocating esp at the 3 horsemen linebacker positions . The DB's are fast and Physical, The QB's (all 3) are strong armed and mobile. Tha rb's are tough , quick , and shifty, and the 3 wideouts(one from each grade) are sure handed and fast. The wingback may be the fastest kid in the region.The punting and kicking game will not have a problem since one has been waiting in the wings. Did I mention the O line Looks like Road Graters. No , don't believe the hype!

WOW! You guys must be GOOOOODDD!!!! Sounds like these guys should have been last years starters, they would have gone all the way.

Here's the real "skinny".....I must be banned from the radio broadcast because I can NEVER get the game......probably on purpose...who knows.... and I probably deserved it.

Both teams have a lot of new players. Page has no size and not much exp on the offense. DL "lost" a ton.....remember this DL team always "reloads".

Coach Mac is the only guy who can have you beat by the half and shake your hand after the game and you walk away feeling like you almost beat them.

I still can't believe we scheduled DL ....but we did the same deal with CAK( still wish they had come over here at least once)......but that wasn't my call. Daniels is either insane or knows what he wants to do depending on who you ask. Page has so many new faces I am still trying to sort them out. One thing is for sure, Page did not tale the easy way for scrimmages or to open the season

If you are going to catch DL this is the time of year to do it. this when they have more mistakes and are trying to work out the kinks.

IFFFF....Page plays tough defense and does NOT give up big plays...this can be a good one. Page offense still a work in progress. A low score favors the Patriots.

My prediction is.............................I won't be able to get the broadcast