Jo Byrns vs. Cascade

Shep

ohhhh SHep...

Ok I must defend him.. at THAT moment he was not saying anything...

However, for future reference, remind me to keep far away.. Was asked later by one of the coaches how long I was thrown out for :blink:

Behave tomorrow.. remind me to tell you what the nephew said..and I'm glad you got out alive!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with the Devils last night. We definitely made a lot of mistakes but for our first game I think the results were great. We can't keep scoring twice to get 1 score though...Shep and logger will keep getting thrown out of games if that happens :blink: . We scored 6 TD's and only got credited for 4 because of penalties. For all the talk about the line and linebackers, I thought we played really well in those areas once we got settled in; still need to correct some things though. The 1st TD Cascade scored was bad but from there we shut em down until about 1 min to go in the game; great job. We could have put the game away early in the third quarter but we let em hang in the game a little longer than we should have. All in all things went well for the Devils and things look very promising.

Dead gum, Logger, can't take you and Shep anywhere..

Good game by 7 and 44. Good game plan by Coach Adkins and his staff. Another typical Jo Byrns team. Fundamentally sound and well Coached. I do think the game was closer than the score showed, but we shot ourselves in the foot too many times and had some keys players that got hurt in the second half. Mcpheron left on a stretcher and Martin was out the entire second half. Both are two way starters. We waited to long to make adjustments to Adkins rollouts. He killed us in the first half.

Personnally felt you kick the field goal when you were down 14-7, but that's me.

We'll have to hit the practice field hard this week and make more improvements. We played better this week, but there's still room for lots of improvement. The season starts new Friday with our first District game. They mean a lot more from here on out.

Good luck JB, I'll be following your progress this season.

LOL game closer than the score show,,, :lol: what game was you at the only time ca scored first play of there drive. Then with a min, go in the game ,,,which was the poorest ref's i have seen in football in 20+ yrs ,,,,,Very sad when the ref's get so mad at the other team thay have to throw some folk's out,,,YEA i was one of them. Took 2 jb score's back on some kind of lame call's but that's cool. I can honeslty say i will never be back to the stable's again, But ca kid's show respect all night,,,,but when the ref's do that i am done,,,when someone complain's about the ref's most of the time thay are losing,,,,but when your up 27-7 and it happen's hey come on,,,,Good luck rest of the ca you gonna need more than the ref's on your side

Ricky Bobby say's if you not first your last,,,,,,Guess what :?:

Did THAT JUST HAPPEN '

SHAKE AND BAKE,,,,,,, DEVIL'S YOU LOOK GREAT LAST NIGHT ,,,AND 44 YOU POUNDED THAT BALL IN THERE FACE ALLLLLLL NIGHT LONG GREAT JOB

Well I have to say that the game was everything that I expected it to be right down to the home cooking refs. Sorry to my Cascade buddies but I always feel that we have to play the team and the refs when we are there but those were the worst yet. Since when do the refs pay more attention to the crowd than the game? hey, 11 sorry I missed you good luck for the rest of the year. The Devils played a great hard fought game and I was impressed with how far the Devils have come since the scrimmages. We definitely have things to improve on but we will get there. I have to say that the one area that I was concerned about was our linebackers bit I was impressed. Number 64 also had a fab game along of course with number 44. After the game I walked back to my car with a couple of the Cascade players and had a great chat they seemed like real quality kids. I sure hope that the kid that left the field on a stretcher is ok.