MRSODDYDAISY

olineathlete

Sounds like piratecountry knows more than you think MRSODDYDAISY. I wonder why most or all of the assistant coaches from the last couple of years have left? There were a lot of former head coaches in that crew. One I know of went on to Grundy County and is doing pretty darn good I hear. Last year was his first year and Grundy just so happened to win their region for the first time in school history I think.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got news for you, pirate, you dont have 3-4 players who could start on our team. SPITT might could beat SD if heck froze over. Boyd came up all cocky the week before the jamboree, ask what they did. 6-1 first on first and it was a plain old fashion woodshed whuppin. And Boyd is better that SPITT ever thought about being. As for the coaching: 4th and 3 on WBlount's 35 or so. Not a bad call. Last year at Bradley, yeah bad decision, hindsight is always 20-20. I have found out that believe it or not, those caches are human and will goof every now and then. Also, Glen Ryan is a big boy and took full responsibility for Bradley last year. You know, people, it sure is easy watching from the stands and second quessing every move. But bottom line is, whether you think so or not, those coaches are smarter than you are. One more thing, My kid would not play for a man that curses like a sailor at the boys. RE: coach at Grundy. I have heard him. Thank God we have guys like Glen Ryan who are positive roll models for my kid. No, he aint perfect, but the only perfect man that I know,,,we hanged Him on a cross.

Mr. SD,

I wasn't trying to start anything, I was just wondering if Coach Ryan was not having an faith in the D or the kicking game or saw something in the film in why he ran the fake punt on 4th & 3 late in the 4th quarter. Sounds like we are in for a war against William Blount this week. Take care and see you in a few weeks. Also thanks for the compliment on Blake, that was a joke.

Boyd came up all cocky the week before the jamboree, ask what they did. 6-1 first on first and it was a plain old fashion woodshed whuppin.

Well mrsd, Boyd beat Rhea like a yard dog when it counted, by the way. Probably came down to coaching.

One more thing, My kid would not play for a man that curses like a sailor at the boys. RE: coach at Grundy. I have heard him. Thank God we have guys like Glen Ryan who are positive roll models for my kid. No, he aint perfect, but the only perfect man that I know,,,we hanged Him on a cross.

I never said he is a model citizen. I said he is an excellent football coach. His coaching record speaks for itself. His resume has a lot more championships than anyone at SD ever thought about having. I'm glad you did admit that you would rather have a model citizen coaching your son. So, that means instead of championships you will settle for 5-5 or 6-4 seasons year in and year out and maybe visit the playoffs for one game. That's ok too. That is probably why a school of 1800 can only get about 50 players out for the sport. It is a shame that SD can be competitive in almost every other sport (including cheerleading and band) on a state level, but they can't in football. Why?

By the way, wasn't it 4th and 6 on the 40? A 10 yard loss and WB's ball on the 50?

You're right we don't have 3-4 players that could start for SD...we have about 6-8 that could start. Our entire backfield could replace your backfield...and our entire linebackers could replace yours. By the way go to the Prospects Database on CoachT and look at how many prospects you have...0...at lease we do have 1..I'm glad you guys beat Boyd in a scrimmage, it just let's me know we'll be Boyd. Not trying to get alot started, but HAVE YOU EVER watched a PIRATE ballgame, if not, then you can't tell if we have anyone who could start for your team or not.

Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

I got news for you, pirate, you dont have 3-4 players who could start on our team. SPITT might could beat SD if heck froze over. Boyd came up all cocky the week before the jamboree, ask what they did. 6-1 first on first and it was a plain old fashion woodshed whuppin. And Boyd is better that SPITT ever thought about being. As for the coaching: 4th and 3 on WBlount's 35 or so. Not a bad call. Last year at Bradley, yeah bad decision, hindsight is always 20-20. I have found out that believe it or not, those caches are human and will goof every now and then. Also, Glen Ryan is a big boy and took full responsibility for Bradley last year. You know, people, it sure is easy watching from the stands and second quessing every move. But bottom line is, whether you think so or not, those coaches are smarter than you are. One more thing, My kid would not play for a man that curses like a sailor at the boys. RE: coach at Grundy. I have heard him. Thank God we have guys like Glen Ryan who are positive roll models for my kid. No, he aint perfect, but the only perfect man that I know,,,we hanged Him on a cross.

A retarded squirrel could coach a 2A team to state titles with Eric Westmoreland for Gods sake. The current Grundy coach had the SD defense 2 years ago and it was a chinese fire drill. He had 145 lb kids in the D line getting killed. 2 were out for the year. Others got hurt. You can do that maybe in 2A, but not 5A. I dont think he would be .500 in 5A ball. I have been around football over 30 years. Coached, taught, watched game film, everything. I'll take Glen every time over your boy. I do know what I am talking about, my friend. BTW, there is prob nothing to do in SPITT but play football or date your cousin.

[Edited by mrsoddydaisy on 9-19-02 5:57P]

You do not know near as much about football as I first thought. Marion County was a 3A school when the coach we are talking about coached them. Not only that, but the first championship he earned was when there were only 3 classifications and he beat Brentwood Acadamy for the title. He often scrimmaged them even after the other classifications came about and would beat them hands down, when the big 5A schools like SD couldn't even stay on the same field as Brentwood. I personally saw "my boy" whip "your boy" (an assistant) at SD. Marion County should not have been able to stay on the field with the talent that SD had that year with or without Eric Westmoreland. Once again it came down to being out coached. SD had 3 count them 3 delay of game penalties on their final drive that ultimately cost them the game. Were you there? Did you even live in SD at the time? Or are you one of these Johnny come lately SD fans? Do you know what it is like to be embarrased year in and year out for over 40 years by teams beating you that shouldn't? I wished, since you know so much about football, you can explain to me why SD cannot be a contender on a high school level while at the same time year after year the two SD feeder schools SD Middle and Loftis are often champions or runners up in middle school football. Oh, SD has had a whole lot more 1A and 1AA college football recruits than Marion County. You have got to see that. Come on man, get some sense. May I refraise your last bigoted comment? "BTW, there is prob nothing to do in SPITT but play WINNING, CHAMPIONSHIP football or date your cousin." There, that sounds better, don't you think mrsd? When did you graduate from SD anyway?

Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

A retarded squirrel could coach a 2A team to state titles with Eric Westmoreland for Gods sake. The current Grundy coach had the SD defense 2 years ago and it was a chinese fire drill. He had 145 lb kids in the D line getting killed. 2 were out for the year. Others got hurt. You can do that maybe in 2A, but not 5A. I dont think he would be .500 in 5A ball. I have been around football over 30 years. Coached, taught, watched game film, everything. I'll take Glen every time over your boy. I do know what I am talking about, my friend. BTW, there is prob nothing to do in SPITT but play football or date your cousin.

[Edited by mrsoddydaisy on 9-19-02 5:57P]

[Edited by CSense on 9-20-02 7:51A]

Last response because you are an idiot. First, I know more football than you ever thought about. Some of that crap is none of your business, but I have lived in SD all my life and would not go anywhere else. Talk smack all you want. I have seen prob 400 high school fb games and seen many, many coaches at many schools. I may just have a little experience on you. I will take Glen over Coquitt any time. I have seen them both in action. The best coach in the area right now is prob at Ooltewah. Football is a game!!! Thank God our coach has "Life is more important" attitude to teach our boys. AMEN

You still have not answered my question and I now know you won't because you said the last rude post you posted was the last. I know you will not answer my question about the history of SD high school football and middle school football because you know I am right. I was still trying to give you a little benefit of the doubt thinking you may not have lived in SD all your life, but sadly I see that you truly are either in denial or something. Sounds like from your recent posts on this board that it is a good thing your son is around Coach Ryan a lot, he sure does need a good role model, and I will give him that, he is an excellent role model, just not a good football coach. I can start naming players and/or former players who have quit or never came out for high school ball because of him, but I won't. It is sad when a SP Pirate fan knows more about SD football than someone who has lived in the SD community all of their life. By the way, SD class of '80. 0-10. (But that was not coach Ryan's fault).

Posted by mrsoddydaisy:

Last response because you are an idiot. First, I know more football than you ever thought about. Some of that crap is none of your business, but I have lived in SD all my life and would not go anywhere else. Talk smack all you want. I have seen prob 400 high school fb games and seen many, many coaches at many schools. I may just have a little experience on you. I will take Glen over Coquitt any time. I have seen them both in action. The best coach in the area right now is prob at Ooltewah. Football is a game!!! Thank God our coach has "Life is more important" attitude to teach our boys. AMEN