MRSODDYDAISY

olineathlete

Guest CrimsonLion

I was enjoying your postings, Mr. Soddy Daisy. I wish you would reconsider your thought of never posting again. I will say that I applaud your commitment to your family in that you are trying to surround your son with strong men in the Lord. I too am a christian, and would want the same thing for my son. But at the same time, I would want my son to learn what it's like to play for a winner. And at Soddy Daisy, there is no reason in the world why that school should not be a powerhouse year end and year out. I attended Red Bank High School in the mid-90's, and was friends with several players on the football team. Although I never played for "The Legend", I had the up most respect for him. I can't say that I always agreed with his play calls, but by George, he knew how to play his hand. You see, I don't hear that coming from the current or past players of Soddy Daisy. I happen to be great friends with several current and past players for Coach Ryan, and I don't hear the same comments coming from them as I did with the players Coach Weathers coached. Instead, you hear things like:

1. I wonder which of the five plays will run the most on Friday night.

2. You can always chalk up at least two losses by bone-head calls by Coach.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I'll end with this recollection. I'm good friends with the player from last year's team who talked Coach Ryan out of kicking the field goal at Bradley, so I know exactly what happened. Now ask yourself, is that what you call great coaching? And, that's just one scenario of many. I wish you the best, and I hope Soddy Daisy finds a coach that will establish a winning tradition there, and will also have a great heart to witness to the kids. Who knows, that man may be Coach Ryan. By the way, my Lions will be back!!! I have connections that say so!!! God Bless!!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by BushLeague:

Do the people in SD still praise Bill Price after the Trojans defeated him?

I don't know if the win over Bradley has anything to do with praising or not praising Bill Price. I think Soddy-Daisy fans appreciated what Price did for the program. He seems to be the one who made it somewhat of a state contender when he was there, as opposed to decades of every team in the area trying to schedule SD for their homecoming game if you know what I mean. SD went from homecoming games to off certain teams schedules out of fear. He brought some long overdue excitement to the program, which sadly enough I feel it slipping away again, but that's another story. Some of those teams who dropped us may want to reconsider now, it may be time for payback.

Guest CrimsonLion

I couldn't agree with you more CSense. Coach Price definitely brings excitement to a program. He left Red Bank after my freshman year I do believe, and took at least ten players with him. Of those players, almost all of them grew up with Red Bank in their blood. You want to talk about a tough sell...try to get a lifetime Red Bank kid to switch to a Soddy program who at the time was a Homecoming game for area teams. You don't see that every day!!! To sum it up, they left Coach Weathers for Coach Price??? Does that say anything about Coach Price???