Anderson Co. vs Campbell Co.

CougarTrav02

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that turned out to be the final score. Nice game, Mavs. Had to overcome a lot of penalties. Blakley continues to impress, as does Williams. McCoy's score was nice. He bulled his way to the endzone, carrying about five Cougars as he did. Zane Roberts had some nice catches and runs. Defense stepped it up.

Mavs stepped it up in the second half. Was too close for comfort first half. Blakely impresses. Roberts does well, also. What I liked about McCoy was the "attitude" adjustment he gave #54 for the Cougars. I know this kid and his parents. It's been a long time coming. I'm still not satisfied or comfortable with the qb situation. Sorry,MM. I know you are a big fan of Williams. Williams will struggle as the season progresses and the teams we play get better. I will give Williams credit, though. JP has done wonders with the kid and he has improved. Good defenses will give this kid a hard row to hoe. Kesterson did well this evening , also. This kid always shows up at the ball. Will make a play when you need a play. Mabe did exceptionally well. Glad to see him touch the ball again and score. This needs to happen more often!

You and I agree on most everything, Oppressed, and I should have mentioned Kesterson. Dude, he's what football is all about for me. He does all his talking with his fine play. I also noted some good sportsmanship out of him trying to help up a CC player who was rattled. Naturally, the CC player rebuffed him, being all cool and all, but that attitude by Kesterson was good to see after all of the less than expensive shots that 54 was dishing out all night.

I hope you're wrong about Williams. Maybe you will be proved correct in the future, but I've been right so far. Hard to argue with his success. Perhaps I have on rose colored glasses :thumb: (actually, these are lime green, but what the hey), but he appears to be the best we've got.

You and I agree on most everything, Oppressed, and I should have mentioned Kesterson. Dude, he's what football is all about for me. He does all his talking with his fine play. I also noted some good sportsmanship out of him trying to help up a CC player who was rattled. Naturally, the CC player rebuffed him, being all cool and all, but that attitude by Kesterson was good to see after all of the less than expensive shots that 54 was dishing out all night.

I hope you're wrong about Williams. Maybe you will be proved correct in the future, but I've been right so far. Hard to argue with his success. Perhaps I have on rose colored glasses :thumb: (actually, these are lime green, but what the hey), but he appears to be the best we've got.

I hope I'm wrong about Williams, also, for the teams sake. You are correct. He is the best we have right now. Who knows...? I'm sure JP hasn't given up or stopped teaching and coaching him yet. I've just watched this kid a long time...we'll see.

Great attitude by all the AC players. Even with all the cheap shots CC dealt. Says a lot about our coaching staff.

And that turned out to be the final score. Nice game, Mavs. Had to overcome a lot of penalties. Blakley continues to impress, as does Williams. McCoy's score was nice. He bulled his way to the endzone, carrying about five Cougars as he did. Zane Roberts had some nice catches and runs. Defense stepped it up.

Mavs stepped it up in the second half. Was too close for comfort first half. Blakely impresses. Roberts does well, also. What I liked about McCoy was the "attitude" adjustment he gave #54 for the Cougars. I know this kid and his parents. It's been a long time coming. I'm still not satisfied or comfortable with the qb situation. Sorry,MM. I know you are a big fan of Williams. Williams will struggle as the season progresses and the teams we play get better. I will give Williams credit, though. JP has done wonders with the kid and he has improved. Good defenses will give this kid a hard row to hoe. Kesterson did well this evening , also. This kid always shows up at the ball. Will make a play when you need a play. Mabe did exceptionally well. Glad to see him touch the ball again and score. This needs to happen more often!

You know my son #54 (oh, I guess you know our whole family!) Talk is cheap. Last time I checked this was football! My son gives what he gets and then some. He's doesn't back down. That's what football is all about! You go talk to your coaches. One in particular has said he would love to have #54! Mavs have 2 of the best coaches around now. I respect their coaching ability tremendously. #54 ask the ref if he could tie his shoe and the ref says go ahead. He blows the whistle and a Mav jumps, play whistled dead and they cheap shot my son. So that makes you better than us how? Obviously you live in CC and go or went to AC. So man up. This is football. AC played a good game. I didn't come on here and bash any of their players. Just because #54 dished out punishment all night doesn't make him a bad person but a good football player! I will be at every CC game if you need to discuss this any further. Thank you :thumb: