Fairview goes to East Hickman

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for Fairview last year and they lost alot of players, but they will have a good team also this year. From what I saw last night, it will be a toss up. I will be there on both sides, East pertty much dominated Loretto all night, It wont be that way with Fairview, but I got to give it to East they run the ball well, and mixed things up better than Perry game,

before today i would of said East had a pretty good chance of winning. Now that the coach is playing the political games with his favorite It might cause some friction on the team i hope not ,but for the coaches benefit he needs to watch game films before handing out awards. I heard that someone got the game ball that was not as deserving of it as a player who should of got it, but this is all hear say. does anyone have anymore info. If this is not true EAST 20 Fairview 14 . but if true fairview 35 east 6

before today i would of said East had a pretty good chance of winning. Now that the coach is playing the political games with his favorite It might cause some friction on the team i hope not ,but for the coaches benefit he needs to watch game films before handing out awards. I heard that someone got the game ball that was not as deserving of it as a player who should of got it, but this is all hear say. does anyone have anymore info. If this is not true EAST 20 Fairview 14 . but if true fairview 35 east 6

Uuuhhh, did you really just post this? wow! Have the East people not figured out that this is what is will continue to drive your program in the ground? Good luck coach King. :popcorneater:

:popcorneater:

You have got to be kidding me! East is 2-0 and somebody gets on here and predicts a win or loss against Fairview based on who got the game ball? Hopefully the players realize that in the scheme of things-who gets the game ball is not nearly as important as the TEAM. Any player who would cash it in and not give their all, based on who did or didn't deserve the game ball will never experience true success. Sounds to me like some parent living the glory through their child has their ego bruised.

Already complaining about the coaching? Some things don't change at East. My hat is off to the coaches at East. Congratulations on being 2-0! Enjoy every win you get for they are truly earned. East is a difficult place to win considering that you must prepare against your opponent on Fridays and the armchair quarterbacks in the community....... Hopefully some of the enlightened football fans in the community will not let eaglehasnoheart carry the torch for community support.

I am not a fan of "game balls" , I am happy about the wins, this Coach is taking a new route and it seems to be working. I am happy that East folks are happy. I have seen "game balls" turn a team to division, I know exactly what Eagleheart is saying , Anybody who was at the game knows who "DOMINATED" the game,one east player out there played the game of his life,he was awesome!!!!! All " game balls " do is mess a team up on focus,teamwork, and working as a team, especially if it undeserving. It is a opinion.....plain and simple , and I do see it causing problems when we need NO problems as East is playing very well and no distractions are needed. I myself was shocked to hear who recieved it. but that is the way it goes.... Keep rolling East Fairview ,will be the biggest test for us.....lets get Fairview.... and keep rolling.

I am not a fan of "game balls" , I am happy about the wins, this Coach is taking a new route and it seems to be working. I am happy that East folks are happy. I have seen "game balls" turn a team to division, I know exactly what Eagleheart is saying , Anybody who was at the game knows who "DOMINATED" the game,one east player out there played the game of his life,he was awesome!!!!! All " game balls " do is mess a team up on focus,teamwork, and working as a team, especially if it undeserving. It is a opinion.....plain and simple , and I do see it causing problems when we need NO problems as East is playing very well and no distractions are needed. I myself was shocked to hear who recieved it. but that is the way it goes.... Keep rolling East Fairview ,will be the biggest test for us.....lets get Fairview.... and keep rolling.

The young man who dominated-I am sure did so, not for individual glory but for the good of his team. I am sure that he benefited from the dominant play of others on the field as well. We get so hung up on extrinsic reward that we miss the point- that we should be teaching our children to give their best for the pride and self-recognition of a "job well done". If you happen to garner individual praise be humble and share that wealth with those who helped make it happen. So the coach decided to recognize an individual with a game ball. These types of rewards are often given to someone who may not have been the actual statistical leader, maybe based on personal growth or overcoming some type of hurdle. Regardless, in our modern touchy feely society......you are absolutely right, the coach should have given everyone on the team mini-game balls and all piled into mommies' mini van to celebrate down at the pizza place as we all watch our personal highlight reel on the big screen!

I doubt that game balls are as cancerous to team building as an adult in the ear of their child criticizing the coaches. The point is East is off to the best start in school history, who cares who gets the game ball? I am sure all on the team have contributed to the wins and are deserving in their own right.

What the players and coaches need is the support of the community to be successful. The underlying current of dissent has been a hindrance to the program since day 1.