Best/Worst High School Stadiums

UpNorth

Just wanted to give this thread a shot. I am from Ohio and get down to Tennessee quite often. I was curious to hear/see what everyones opinion were on the best and worst high school stadiums were down there.

I can say this, I have been to Scott County High School, Oneida High School, York Institute as well as Alcoa. I have not been impressed with any of them.

Scott County has no atmosphere at all within the stadium maybe because they are on again off again with their teams.

Oneida has a nice little stadium and a good fanbase but I believe could use more seating.

York is just terrible. I was there for the Scott-York game and yes I know the state is not being nice with the funding but what about a booster club for the football program?

Alcoa- For as much tradition as this program has why not a nicer stadium? I was not impressed with the bleachers or field at all.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda partial to "The Dawg Pound" myself...(Milan) Nice size for both sides, and since the upgrade a few years ago to metal bleacher seats, I def. think it's one of the best. I know one thing, we have one of the best fields around....especially when it rains. Our down fall I'd say would have to be our concessions. TERRIBLE placement on those now.....just isn't enough room between concessions and field. But I guess it works!

I've marched at ALOT of the stadiums around west tn....Some of my top favs are Dyersburg, JCM, Jackson Northside....

Here's a question to kick around....

as an opposing team fan...who has the best and worst visitor bleachers??

here is the link to the dyersburg football stadium http://www.dyersburgfootball.com

just follow the "Facilites" link on the left navigation payne.....

dyer county has a first class stadium; while crockett county, union city have a good one also...

IMO, dyersburg has great atmosphere with the fireworks and boss hoss motorcycles, and that trojan mascot riding crazy on the trojan war chariot....

here is a link to a youtube video of the trojan war chariot

Why are you "not impressed" with Alcoas stadium. The visitors bleachers are more then enough room for visiting teams (except for the Maryville game Obviously). The home side is smaller then the away side but the concrete seats are tradition. Pack us in tight we're one big family. I would hate the atmosphere of a football game if the stadium was giant and you had all kinds of room to move. Alcoa is a very tough place to play

crockett has a very nice stadium as well as dyer county and dburg... Crocketts visitor side has to b one of the best ..nice size not facing tha sun and a hugh shade tree unlike tha home side at game time tha suns in ur face an tha heat on hot days!!

I agree crockett has a nice one most stadiums the visitors are facing the sun, I also think DC and Dburg has nice stadiums. The time I have been to DC stadium there was no concession stand on the visitor side and its a long walk back to the otherside. If anyone from DC booster club reads this some sort of stand on the visitor side may help in the revenue dept.

Why are you "not impressed" with Alcoas stadium. The visitors bleachers are more then enough room for visiting teams (except for the Maryville game Obviously). The home side is smaller then the away side but the concrete seats are tradition. Pack us in tight we're one big family. I would hate the atmosphere of a football game if the stadium was giant and you had all kinds of room to move. Alcoa is a very tough place to play

Tornado- I am not sure I guess maybe I was expecting to much. I know about the tradition and powerhouse program of Alcoa so I guess I was looking for this metropolis of a stadium. No doubt about it that place is a tough place to play just look at the past few years down there! I agree I am not one for these big stadiums, I will post some pics of a few of the stadiums up here in the North in a bit.