Gibbs @ Pigeon Forge

UAman

Gibbs seems to have their best team in years!! but its always a good game between these two, i think if pigeon forge's #2 Chase Travis gets to play and stays healthy, him and the freshman QB Caleb Black will tear up this Gibbs Defense, im gonna take PF 21 Gibbs 17, pick your winner

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pulling for the forge, but Gibbs is averaging 44 points a game.The forge needs to keep it close 1st half when the Gibbs coaches make ajustments at half time, to stop the run it could get ugly.Its yet too be seen if the tigers will play (all out) 4 quarters, with Gibbs comeback last week its evident they will.I believe it will take 30 plus points too win this game.Lee Hammonds is very familiar with Gibbs or at lease with coach Randy Carroll who has left after 25 yrs, New Head Coach Brad Conley has got them on a roll this year destroying Grainger, and great come back againist Claiborne.It would be a great win for the tigers for sure, I will be on the Tigers side of the field pulling for them :popcorneater:

Gibbs is playing a really weak schedule with the exception of A-E, Fulton and Carter. Gatlinburg Pittman is usually a respected program but have been down the past few years. Gibbs should finish 7 and 3 or 6 and 4 at seasons end. AE, Fulton and Carter will beat Gibbs and the GP game could go either way.

The success of the Gibbs season will be a result of the weak schedule and the small schools that they are playing having down years. Grainger graduated its quarterback and several keey players while Claiborne has never had a quality football program. Union Co, Cosby, Pigeon Forge and the other Gibbs opponents are having their own troubles fielding a decent football team. Gibbs has never competed in the KIL successfully.

Gibbs is playing a really weak schedule with the exception of A-E, Fulton and Carter. Gatlinburg Pittman is usually a respected program but have been down the past few years. Gibbs should finish 7 and 3 or 6 and 4 at seasons end. AE, Fulton and Carter will beat Gibbs and the GP game could go either way.

The success of the Gibbs season will be a result of the weak schedule and the small schools that they are playing having down years. Grainger graduated its quarterback and several keey players while Claiborne has never had a quality football program. Union Co, Cosby, Pigeon Forge and the other Gibbs opponents are having their own troubles fielding a decent football team. Gibbs has never competed in the KIL successfully.

I guess you pulled out your crystal ball for such analytical thought. Thanks for your insight. By the way, that's sarcasm.

Yeah maybe the teams they are playing aren't as good as they have been in the past, but you are giving no credit to Gibbs. I guess things can't change from the past, I guess new coaches can't bring in a breath of fresh air, and I guess Gibbs is terrible like the past. I don't care who you are playing but when a team scores 60, 38, and 46 points in their first three games against schools with similar enrollment there is some talent, heart, and talent hitting the field each week. Give me a break.

I'm just happy I live close enough to drive down the road to watch them since the other teams I'm close too aren't that good.

So if you are going to be a critical of Gibbs scheduling and how they have sucked in the past, at least give them some credit about playing their guts out with class each week!

Gibbs seems to have their best team in years!! but its always a good game between these two, i think if pigeon forge's #2 Chase Travis gets to play and stays healthy, him and the freshman QB Caleb Black will tear up this Gibbs Defense, im gonna take PF 21 Gibbs 17, pick your winner

wow guess my prediction was wrong.. point blank and period.. PF's is just a very very young team only 3 Sr's actually play.. but the main thing they need to do is work that offense and deffensive line.. if they had a good line they would be a hard team to stop cause if they could get Chase Travis some open holes this kid can do some major damage!!! PF will be ridiculous in the future if they can keep kids on the team

The Gibbs football teams over the years have always played hard and most of the time showed a great deal of class. With this new head coach, Brad Conley, there will always be class, discipline and sportsmanship. Its a shame Gibbs did not have someone like him about 30 years ago.

However, the Gibbs football program has never been very competitive when matched against Knoxville opponents. When competing with Powell Valley, Union Co, Jellico, Tazewell, Rutledge and other such schools Gibbs has been very successful. Gibbs always played hard but either did not have the talent or did not have the coaching to win many games against KFL teams.

Congratulations to the Eagles for their great start. The new coaching staff is doing a good job. The players are playing their tails off. Good Luck and Win them all.

My prediction of 7-3 or 6-4 at seasons end still stands as do my statements about the Gibbs opponents.

Sorry if that is so offensive.

Gibbs is doing great this year and one can't help but wonder if it's because the new transfers #40 from Maryville & #5 from Halls have come in full of talent and caused some of the returning players to step up their game or get replaced?? Gibbs' qb has stepped up this season and he should cause the Batts' kid can throw the ball and run it (what was coach KJ @ Halls thinking by not playing this kid?) and #40 is just an all around ball of fire, great talent. Coach Connolly has the talent for the next 2 years at least to take a team to playoffs. He just needs to not make the mistake as other coaches and let politics get in his football program... PLAY THE BEST PLAYER ... bottom line... don't let the parents decide who should start. Great job all around Eagles, I hope to come to a game soon. Best of luck against Grace Christian.