Katie Hunter Tournament - Oak Ridge, TN

nizolek

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oak Ridge 4 to 1 over Briarcrest.

Oak Ridge had a lot of chances....we saved the really good chances and the didn't play as well as we could have for the ones that hit the back of the net. They have great speed in the back and up top and move well off of the ball.

Briarcrest played with only one forward with all of the girls out with either injuries or illnesses and didn't fare well for offense. At one point, there were six freshman on the field! Made a lot of runs from the outside and out of the center, but had about 10 to 15 off sides calls....some were very well called while others were questionable.

Other scores that I have heard of was St Benedict 4 to 2 over Beech and Collierville 5 to 0 over McMinn Central. Germantown and Greenwood were tied 0 to 0 at the half.

Briarcrest 2 to 1 over Ravenwood.

Exciting game with good play on both sides. Ravenwood's goal was an own goal with a shot deflecting off of a Briarcrest's defender leg in the first half. Briarcrest goals came in the 2nd half. Well played game by the girls but not a very well called game by the ref team....let too much happen risking injury to the players.

And...Briarcrest over Independence with a score of 3 to 0. Pretty physical game with several yellow cards shown.

Germantown beat McMinn Central 3 to 1.

Some great soccer at Katie Hunter this weekend.

Congratulations to the top three finishers in the Katie Hunter Division (tournament official results haven't been posted yet, but I'm pretty sure this is the way it will pan out).

Champion - Houston (12 pts, +10 Goal Differential)

Finalist - St. Benedict (12 pts, +8 Goal Differential)

3rd Place - St. Agnes (10 pts)

Best atmosphere was without a doubt the Houston 4 vs Oak Ridge 0 game at 9PM Saturday evening. GREAT Oak Ridge student support!

As a parent of a TN High School player with above average interest in girls soccer, I feel like we saw some good soccer in the Katie Hunter Tournament this year. I watched more games than just my daughters team. IMO There were 6-7 good teams, 1 above average team in St Agnes, and 1 team that was head and shoulders above them all in Houston. Houston over the last 8 years has been a thorn in the side of other west TN teams, but this year they have ALL the makings of a major championship team. I know I haven't seen but a handful of the really good teams in the state, but I would like to see any team take on Houston HS. My daughter is NOT on this team, we are one of the teams in the west removing the thorn each year. Coach Wolf has them locked and loader this year.

Congratulations Greeneville High Lady Devils for going undefeated at the Katie Hunter Tournament!!! It was a total team effort that resulted in your achieving your goal (no pun intented). At times you were playing against 13 people on the field and did so with class and poise. I just can't figure out why they haven't posted the final results yet. Well played Lady Devils...well played!!

Some great soccer at Katie Hunter this weekend.

Congratulations to the top three finishers in the Katie Hunter Division (tournament official results haven't been posted yet, but I'm pretty sure this is the way it will pan out).

Champion - Houston (12 pts, +10 Goal Differential)

Finalist - St. Benedict (12 pts, +8 Goal Differential)

3rd Place - St. Agnes (10 pts)

Best atmosphere was without a doubt the Houston 4 vs Oak Ridge 0 game at 9PM Saturday evening. GREAT Oak Ridge student support!

It was a good weekend for the West.....to my knowledge, West TN teams took the top SIX spots! :thumb: And yes...the Houston/Oak Ridge game was an excellent game to watch with some awesome soccer played.

After the above listing, the following estimated results in the Katie Hunter division:

4th place - Briarcrest with 9 points (started the weekend disjointed and poorly against Oak Ridge and then finished with solid games against Ravenwood, Independence, and Beech)

5th place - Collierville with 8 points

6th place - Germantown with 7 points

Difficulty with this tournament is that not all teams play the same teams to accurately provide standings. Due to this, the results can easily be skewed. Some of the Katie Hunter division teams played Barry Redmond division teams and then there were some teams in the Katie Hunter division that were beaten by 5 or more goals EACH game that really should potentially not been included in the division that prevent accurate standings.

Strong showing from the West regardless of how the standings are calculated!