Trenton @ Mckenzie

Peabody usually gives the REBS a little challenge every year. Look at last year that awesome 9-7 win for the REBELS. But from what I have heard, Peabody is a joke but I haven't seen them. But I am going with the REBELS by a big margin.

McKenzie Rebels

They are bad real bad until they make some coaching changes it won't change! Kent Scott looked good when Harper was at QB. But Harper is gone and they have some good freshman. They have some good athletic players but no one to coach them! Mckenzie's second teamers will play alot in this one!! :lol:

Well when they had Harper, they didn't need to coach the offense since he was the offense just like Marco Daily at Mt. Pleasant. But their offense was decent last year but wasn't impressive because they loss Harper. So, either way the REBELS of McKenzie will come out on top and i mean ON TOP.

McKenzie Rebels

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what I know and what has happened already this season I'm gonna have to go with the Rebels pulling away at the end (which should happen in the 3 rd quarter). It is very true that Peabody has given McKenzie all they wanted over the years and no doubt they will this time if the Rebels have a letdown which they shouldn't 'cause we haven't played well enough overall for a letdown yet IMO.

We are down to fixing the little things now that make all the really good stuff happen for a team. We'll get it done.

At the same time, I don't overlook ANYBODY and the Rebels better not either!!!

Coach Scott has been at Trenton for nearly 20 years, and the last few years as head coach am I right? And for those thinking he's the problem, he's a good coach but this year they're having a down year, something he can't control.

Trenton may have some good talented Freshman, but they're just that, Freshman, talent doesn't make up for experience when you're a Freshman, but you let those guys grow up and get to be Juniors and Seniors, they'll be a good bunch.

But right now, I believe McKenzie will take this one, and will likely determine the final score at will.

OK, in 24 hours and about 45 minutes it will be kickoff time at Rebel Field and then it's on!!!! Seems like the Tide faithful must be skeered or something.....they sure aren't talkin'. It's time for the Rebels to start working toward higher level of play now and I'm bettin' they will. Truth is, we don't want to peak untill about week 10 or 11 so now is a good time to start heading toward that. Right now, a goal of winning 6 of the last 7 is a good goal before the playoffs. Win all 7 and this thread will really be buzzing!!

But, I digress............one game at a time Rebels!

GEAUX REBELS!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME COL. REB!!!!!!!!

:)

Well Duck V&T Said We Wasn't Showing All Our Cards. I Don't Feel That Way. But Some Work On Our Passing game Would Really Help. Now In Pregame He Looks Good Throwing Short And Intermediate But When He Says Hike He Slings The Crap Outta It. We Need To Reign Him In And Get A Hold On This Thing. It's Sorta Like Playing Poker And Holding An Ace In The Hole. It's All Good And Well As Long As It's An Ace. Comer Is Big On Discipline And Some Instituted Here Would Be Helpful.

Well Duck V&T Said We Wasn't Showing All Our Cards. I Don't Feel That Way. But Some Work On Our Passing game Would Really Help. Now In Pregame He Looks Good Throwing Short And Intermediate But When He Says Hike He Slings The Crap Outta It. We Need To Reign Him In And Get A Hold On This Thing. It's Sorta Like Playing Poker And Holding An Ace In The Hole. It's All Good And Well As Long As It's An Ace. Comer Is Big On Discipline And Some Instituted Here Would Be Helpful.

I hope V&T1 is right!!! He knows I'll quack on his parade if he ain't!!!! :):thumb::)

I'm with penny loafer on not showing all we have. Been and seen to much on the practice field to believe otherwise. I know it's practice but we run alot of different things that we haven't shown yet in games. As for the passing, I don't understand the concept of the long pass. I know it has to be seen on film that it's open and still we don't execute to right routes that we should be doing. I just hope we get that right soon because we all know we're up against a stacked defense as we've already seen for the run. It will be worked out and things will start clicking on all cylinders for the second half (I hope). We just need to utilize the very good receivers we have on the short routes then the running game will really start to open up. Then and only then we could let one air out on OCCASIONS. Either way, we're winning and things can only get better if we just hang in there.

I'm with penny loafer on not showing all we have. Been and seen to much on the practice field to believe otherwise. I know it's practice but we run alot of different things that we haven't shown yet in games. As for the passing, I don't understand the concept of the long pass. I know it has to be seen on film that it's open and still we don't execute to right routes that we should be doing. I just hope we get that right soon because we all know we're up against a stacked defense as we've already seen for the run. It will be worked out and things will start clicking on all cylinders for the second half (I hope). We just need to utilize the very good receivers we have on the short routes then the running game will really start to open up. Then and only then we could let one air out on OCCASIONS. Either way, we're winning and things can only get better if we just hang in there.

Good post!!

No doubt, our pass routes should be inside 20 yards 99.999% of the time.......with the talent we have we can light folks up with that thinking. Personally, the only time we should throw deep is if we are desperate. Get the ball in the hands of our skill players and let them do the rest!!!! And we have some awsome "skill players" too!! In my observations, McKinney's arm is very decent inside 20 yards so........................................

We for sure need to open up our running game too and that would do it. Play action freezes the backers and then hit the 8-10 yard slant and it's off to the races!!! Little turn ins at the hash marks are open usually too at about 8-10 yards. Eat clock and move chains.......that's what it's all about. Cut down on penalties too. We'll get better at all of this, we have to.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRP!!!!!!!!

WELCOME HOME COL. REB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hungry: