Henry County at West Creek

3nout

Need to get this back on the first page! Going to be a week that HC needs to stay focused.

Go Big Red!!!

The YANKER has noticed that you seemed to have lost interest in your team now that you are ranked number one! Are you typical of many HC fans, such as team Mom, who simply do not know how to handle success? Where have you been my "young Cephus" of a friend? It is, however, good to see you back, my " Neederingly Backerring-Weekfulleringly Firsterring-Focussingly Absenterring" friend...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy Yanker! You crack me up thinking that I have lost interest, far from it. My life away from football has taken on a different tone and I am not able to be on the boards as much. Also, like someone else has said there seems to be no fun in debating with our own as no one from the other schools seems to be on here. I enjoy a good debate with a fellow football fan from rival schools (JCM, DC, etc.). Things will get heated up in week 8 against Dickson County...

You disappoint the YANKER my young "excuse-making Cephus"...I expect better from you!!! Your team is ranked #1 and you plead "life tone changes"????? What do you think this YANKER would be doing if JCM were ranked #1...I will tell you what I would NOT be doing...the YANKER would NOT be talking of "life tone changes"!!!!! You amuse me, my "excuse-making Cephus"...are you "Team Mom" in disguise? In case you wondered who I am...I AM THE YANKER...I AM THE YANKER...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here it is Wednesday and we've heard very little about West Creek. I suppose this is predicted to be a blowout? If we are not gonna get posts on this game, then let me ask another question. I noticed that Gaddis brought freshman Storme Hilliard in the game last week to return a punt....any comments on this player or any other up and coming freshman players?

Well, here it is Wednesday and we've heard very little about West Creek. I suppose this is predicted to be a blowout? If we are not gonna get posts on this game, then let me ask another question. I noticed that Gaddis brought freshman Storme Hilliard in the game last week to return a punt....any comments on this player or any other up and coming freshman players?

Hilliard is an excellent RB for the freshman team & was impressive last year at Inman. Hunter Lowe is another Fr. that has some wheels and is very athletic. Lowe plays a little QB & WR for the 9th grade team and had a 220 yd rushing performance last week with single digit carries. If I'm not mistaken he dresses out with the varsity too. The young talent at HC impresses me and the pipeline looks to be full for the next few years!

So have you folks noticed that Liberty Tech is now ranked 4th in 4A, and have gone 3-0 since our win against them in the season opener? I agree that we have faced as good if not better competition than our regular season schedule last year. We are just a good team, and I do not believe we are ranked #1 because of the success of the last 3 years.

Certainly you jest... of course we are ranked # 1 because of our previous success. However, I certainly think this year's team is definitely good enough to be # 1. As many other posters agree, although this year's offense is not as explosive as the past, this may be more of a football "team". I can see us going as far in the playoffs as we've grown accustom...

So have you folks noticed that Liberty Tech is now ranked 4th in 4A, and have gone 3-0 since our win against them in the season opener? I agree that we have faced as good if not better competition than our regular season schedule last year. We are just a good team, and I do not believe we are ranked #1 because of the success of the last 3 years.

Certainly you jest... of course we are ranked # 1 because of our previous success. However, I certainly think this year's team is definitely good enough to be # 1. As many other posters agree, although this year's offense is not as explosive as the past, this may be more of a football "team". I can see us going as far in the playoffs as we've grown accustom...

I agree with you that a LARGE part of the reason HC is ranked at the top of the polls is previous success. If you couple that with the fact that HC has a perfect 5-0 record, there you have the ENTIRE reason for the #1 ranking.

It is finally happening. Our Number One ranking is being questioned. Using FactsOnly, give a plausible AND cogent explanation why someone other than the Patriots should be ranked Number One. Please do not limit your discussion to depth of talent, number of returning Seniors, amount of playing time returning from last year, superiority of coaching staff, current players' experience in big games, etc. In other words, let it all hang out.

It is finally happening. Our Number One ranking is being questioned. Using FactsOnly, give a plausible AND cogent explanation why someone other than the Patriots should be ranked Number One. Please do not limit your discussion to depth of talent, number of returning Seniors, amount of playing time returning from last year, superiority of coaching staff, current players' experience in big games, etc. In other words, let it all hang out.

Not sure to whom you refer, but I do not question the ranking at all. It makes perfect sense. HC is in 5A minus Maryville, who moved up to 6A, and Hillsboro is down this year apparently. So HC is the obvious choice to be ranked #1. My point is simply that the person who posted that the #1 ranking had nothing to with recent past success is dead wrong. The success that HC has had in recent years is EXACTLY why the ranking makes sense, especially when you factor in the number of returning starters, as well as a 5-0 record. CASE CLOSED...who could argue with this post? I will add, however, that the team ranked #1 is not always the best team. That will be decided in December, independently from the polls.

All this talk about being #1 could cause overlook on any given Friday night. Don't let one sneak up on ya! Your team is good...but stranger things have happened. Check out the score of last week's Cannon County vs York (rated #8)....(in fact, it's Gaddis' old buddy, former Northwest Coach Schrenk)...York ahead 14-0 at half...looked like a blow out....Cannon Co. came back and beat em', first time in school history....so don't overlook any opponet, new school or not.

Good, I stirred the pot a little as I intended and it got yall talking....keep it coming. Another noteworthy sign as to whether a team is a true #1 is if they can hold the position week after week. Its one thing to reach the top....its another to keep it each week with that big ole target on their back with everyone wanting to be the one to knock them off their perch.

It's odd that I'm following this thread at all.....I'm a huge Northwest Vikings fan. I think we played very well against a great team and for that I'm greatful plus I see a little bit of victory for the Vikes in that game.

Besides your football team, I'm a huge fan of a big crowd. Your following was profitable for our gate, which in turn is great for our team. I follow a high school team in Fyffe, Alabama...have some pretty good teams and even followed them to state. They close the town down and everybody goes. It is awesome. We don't have that here in Montgomery Co much anymore....so to see it in action is a good thing. Football is more than just the game.

Good, I stirred the pot a little as I intended and it got yall talking....keep it coming. Another noteworthy sign as to whether a team is a true #1 is if they can hold the position week after week. Its one thing to reach the top....its another to keep it each week with that big ole target on their back with everyone wanting to be the one to knock them off their perch.

It's odd that I'm following this thread at all.....I'm a huge Northwest Vikings fan. I think we played very well against a great team and for that I'm greatful plus I see a little bit of victory for the Vikes in that game.

Besides your football team, I'm a huge fan of a big crowd. Your following was profitable for our gate, which in turn is great for our team. I follow a high school team in Fyffe, Alabama...have some pretty good teams and even followed them to state. They close the town down and everybody goes. It is awesome. We don't have that here in Montgomery Co much anymore....so to see it in action is a good thing. Football is more than just the game.