Morristown West v.s Morristown East?

number10

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've done this in the past in big games? Does that include the two games they lost? If so, is it possible that conditioning maybe played a small part in the fact that East did not win those games?

Conditioning won't be a factor? That's such a weird statement to make so confidently.

If you don't want my answers, don't ask me the question.

Yes we lost 2 games and tackling was the problem not conditioning.

We looked better against Cherokee but that was not a real measure of how better we have gotten. We tackled poorly against AE and very poorly against Cleveland. I know the speed they had played a big factor in that as well. My point being this: playing a senior or junior over a soph. increases your chances of making a play. The young guys rotating in and sometimes starting will have fewer reps and the upper classmen more. Will it fix the problem? Maybe. Will it give us a bteer lineup that will make plays? Yes.

We looked better against Cherokee but that was not a real measure of how better we have gotten. We tackled poorly against AE and very poorly against Cleveland. I know the speed they had played a big factor in that as well. My point being this: playing a senior or junior over a soph. increases your chances of making a play. The young guys rotating in and sometimes starting will have fewer reps and the upper classmen more. Will it fix the problem? Maybe. Will it give us a bteer lineup that will make plays? Yes.

Can't believe you guys lost to Cleveland. The Blue Raiders are one of the worst teams down this way.

A poor SD defense??You mean a group of kids who are playing both ways all the game?

The kids really appreciate your support!Just stay at home next time....

No, poor defense is CORRECTED by playing kids both ways. Everyone knows that.

I think people our missing what Canefan72 is saying. We will only use about 4-5 guys on

Defense that get's snap on offense. Most of these players are Athletes, they rotate in & out already.

We may use a couple of our bigger offensive lineman on defense, if we are having trouble stopping

Morristown West. Conditioning will be a concern, if we have to play our best offensive lineman

on Defense the whole game.The plan for the year was no-one plays both-ways.We had to do

something to fix our problem on defense. Conditioning for our best Athletes should'nt be a problem.

The weather for Friday will be a factor, Cool weather would help Morristown East.

GO CANES! :thumb:

How will weather be a factor? Low of 57, chance of rain unlikely. The forecast could not be more mild.

How exactly does cool weather favor East?

Cooler the weather is, the better it is for East's, because of the players who will be going both-ways.

Weather being mild, Conditioning should 'nt be a problem. Morristown West has over 80 players,

and no-one plays both-ways. We'll take any break we can get.

Canefan72 how did practice go today? How did #40 Matt Helton ankle look? has Tee-Howell return

to practice? GO CANES! :roflol: