2009 Blue Ridge Athletic Conference

spike00

What's the thoughts on this year's new BRAC? I think that the teams are the Gap, Claiborne, West Greene, South Greene, Chuckey Doak, Grainger, and Greeneville....Should be a decent conference, but I may have to go like this and don't know anything about any of the Greene County teams, but Cumberland and Claiborne should be TERRIBLE in my opinion....

Grainger

Greeneville

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey Doak

Claiborne

Cumberland

Any other thoughts?????

• 3 weeks later...
What's the thoughts on this year's new BRAC? I think that the teams are the Gap, Claiborne, West Greene, South Greene, Chuckey Doak, Grainger, and Greeneville....Should be a decent conference, but I may have to go like this and don't know anything about any of the Greene County teams, but Cumberland and Claiborne should be TERRIBLE in my opinion....

Grainger

Greeneville

West Greene

South Greene

Chuckey Doak

Claiborne

Cumberland

Any other thoughts?????

I'm not too sure about what Greeneville will have this year but I do know that South & West Greene do have an abundance of experience coming back this year. Chuckey Doak will be ok, but nothing impressive. And West Greene beat Greeneville last year. How are the other teams looking in the new conference? Any info on Grainger? I have heard they are pretty good.

Grainger should be one of the top teams with the new district (ie... Pigeon Forge and GP moving to District 3). I saw Greeneville play last year and they only had one quality pitcher and didn't play well. I would be surprised if any other team (other than one of the Greene County teams) makes any noise whatsoever.

greene co teams should all be pretty good . wg returns alot of good players from last year . sheppard,lamb,starnes,bentley,mcamey. they will be solid . greeneville lost heavily to graduation but they have alot returning with talent . sg should have a much better year with most of starters returning . all but 2 were on 15-16 year old summer team against the other 4 county teams in rec ball and went undefeated . pressley,wilhoit,shuffler,baxley,oster,rogers,cutshaw,davis. all started most or all of last season . chuckey-doak returns some good pitching . feezell, painter,bailey. they got some good sticks too. bowman,ramsey. they have as much talent as the other teams , just need to make blend. looking forward to the season. maybe someone else can be the team to beat this year since we got rid of unicoi county. lol. last year all-conf players - chance lamb wg soph. - jalen shuffler sg soph.- cole baxley sg freshman - jamison painter cd freshman - storm bailey cd soph. / i dont know about greeneville all-conf selections , they were in different conference . how about claiborne , grainger, cg whats the scoop your alls way ?

greene co teams should all be pretty good . wg returns alot of good players from last year . sheppard,lamb,starnes,bentley,mcamey. they will be solid . greeneville lost heavily to graduation but they have alot returning with talent . sg should have a much better year with most of starters returning . all but 2 were on 15-16 year old summer team against the other 4 county teams in rec ball and went undefeated . pressley,wilhoit,shuffler,baxley,oster,rogers,cutshaw,davis. all started most or all of last season . chuckey-doak returns some good pitching . feezell, painter,bailey. they got some good sticks too. bowman,ramsey. they have as much talent as the other teams , just need to make blend. looking forward to the season. maybe someone else can be the team to beat this year since we got rid of unicoi county. lol. last year all-conf players - chance lamb wg soph. - jalen shuffler sg soph.- cole baxley sg freshman - jamison painter cd freshman - storm bailey cd soph. / i dont know about greeneville all-conf selections , they were in different conference . how about claiborne , grainger, cg whats the scoop your alls way ?

All you have to worry about is Grainger for the most part as most of the other programs are not as competitive.

• 2 weeks later...

this will be a toss up this year i think. Ive heard grainger is pretty solid but if wg lead by lamb an shephard can get things going they will battle for a top spot with sg coming in a close third they have some good solid players. If shephard and lamb hit the ball like they did toward end of year last year for the buffs they will be a real solid team look for them to be top players in conference as well as everhart an grooms from gville and feezell from cd their all solid players and have played together. sg has 2 or 3 real solid players as well shuffler wilhoit an baxley. im ready to watch baseball this year this should be a real interesting conference :thumb:

who are some of the players to watch from grainger , claiborne and cg. dont know much about them other than one kid from grainger who played on a fall travel team out of carson newman . cant recall his name , it was a unusual name , ( not like john smith ) or anything . he played ss and his on base percentage had to be incredible . if the rest of grainger players are as good as him id say they will be tuff to handle . our hearts go out to chuckey doak this week who lost one of their baseball players in a tragedy, as well as another young lady killed in a seperate accident . god bless both families .

• 4 weeks later...