East Tennessee Update

orcat

I am disturbed: it seems (from reading posts) that standings for a district season are determined by different rules every year...is this true? I would hope rules for first place, second etc. are predetermined by written procedures and only changed if a (committee) votes preseason to make any changes to the format used for the season. It sounds very much like such big decisions are decided on the fly. So my question is - Are District standings different per district and are they changed per year? Are A. D. s and or coaches deciding these or does TSSAA have rules to guide them? After reading previous posts there is good reason to wonder. Everyone needs to know what to expect. I consider matches--> then games--> then points ofr all teams in the district as many tournaments are decided. The season of volleybal is broken down into 2 sessions; the season; which just ended for most districts, and the road to state which can reveal improvement or weakenings in vball programs for each school and will compare district strengths. When teams play so hard and have close records it is very important to have a firm and fair process.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dobyns-Bennett wins District 1 Volleyball Championship defeating Sullivan South 25-13, 25-23, 25-18.

Dobyns-Bennett [48-3] will play in the second game on Monday against either Morristown West or Jefferson County. South [36-12] will open the regional at 5:00 p.m. against the other Region 2 qualifier.

2009 District 1-AAA Volleyball All-Tournament Team

Carson Widener, Tennessee High

Ivey Rice, Science Hill

Lauren Blevins, Sullivan Central

Kenzie Darnell, Sullivan Central

Krista Reed, Sullivan South

Taylor Fink, Sullivan South

Makensey Campbell, Sullivan South

Tyria Hutchins, Sullivan South

Caryn Foehringer, Dobyns-Bennett

Jamie Rutledge, Dobyns-Bennett

Meredith Hardy, Dobyns-Bennett

Megan Devine, Dobyns-Bennett

TriCitiesSports.com

Does anyone have the All Tournament team for 3AAA both Dist 3 and Dist 4 ?

It will be Bearden vs Karns - Farragut vs Oak Ridge first round at Anderson County.

I will be there- I am the one with the bigfeet! :thumb: Sitting next to bigmouth. :mrgreen:

From Bearden and Farragut:

ALL TOURNAMENT

Kylann Scheidt- Farragut

Kassie Deutchemendy- Farragut

Riley Miller- Farragut

Tara Robertson- Bearden

Sloane Gouffon- Bearden

3-AAA all tournament team

cant remember all the names...

MVP-Kelsey Handel from Karns

Ashley Ferris from Karns

Caitlin Glennen from Karns

Stephanie Renner from Oak Ridge

Audrey Sherrels from Oak Ridge

Sydney Fisher...? I'm not sure of her name but she is the Oak Ridge setter

the Anderson County libero

Alicia something... from Powell

Blair Brabson from Central

Tori Dillon from HVA

Kemia Amin from HVA

I cant remember the others..

Dobyns-Bennett defeats Sullivan South to win Region 1-AAA Title

In Tuesday night's Region 1-AAA final, the Dobyns-Bennett Lady Indians defeated the Sullivan South Lady Rebels 25-21, 25-20 and 25-15. Dobyns-Bennett [47-3] will be hosting Farragut [49-1] at 7:00 Thursday night while Sullivan South [37-13] will travel to Knoxville to face Karns [52-3] also at 7:00 p.m.

2009 All-Region Volleyball Team

Kristin Bowman, Morristown West

Savannah Hammer, Jefferson County

Krista Reed, Sullivan South

Kim Johnson, Sullivan South

Megan Devine, Dobyns-Bennett

Lori Peterson, Dobyns-Bennett

Announcements