CAK vs Scott Co.

FootballDad

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Warriors011.

Players, make every Friday count 100%. This season will be over all too soon, and no matter what you can't get these opportunitites back!

I predict that once again, Coach Bradley will have this team ready to play and very focussed. This group of Warriors is mature beyond their years. Make no mistake, while CAK should win this game, this opponent is at a different level than last week. I hope our guys take nothing for granted, and go out and take care of business. There will be lots of distractions with all that's going on this Friday.

Last week I said that we would see if our team was "mature" or not, if they would play sharp and focused despite facing an opponent that had not won any games to date. The answer was fairly clear, this team has its head screwed on right. :lol: As mentioned previously, there will be a fair amount of distractions for the homecoming game against Scott Co. I expect this team to play with the same maturity it did last week again this week. If they don't, the results will not be what we all would like.

The Highlanders have a capable QB, and that alone can make them a threat. They like to spread it out and throw the ball, just like the Warriors do. Our defense has been very solid and gaining confidence as the season has progressed. We haven't faced a team that throws the ball as much as Scott will, and that will be an interesting matchup in this game. Will our D be as stubborn against the pass as it is against the run? When teams have tried to pass they have completed several of them to Warrior defenders who acted like offensive wannabe's ;) and returned them for TD's.

Offensively, we should be able to move the ball and score some points. But since Scott sees a lot of passes in practice each week, they may be better at defending against it than most teams are. I still feel confident that we will find a way to put points on the board. #2 seems to be getting better each week, and his ability to pull it down and run is a huge threat. In my opinion that is one of the things that is helping this team right now. If you commit to stop the pass by pulling guys out of the box and covering, then our running game is capable of hurting you. #8 has improved significantly and is playing well, extra yards after the intial hit, and without fumbling. I'm not sure why #23 has disappeared from the offensive side of the ball, but I sure would like to see him more involved. He's the type of athlete that is a threat whenever he has his hands on the ball. Thats why no one seems to want to punt or kick the ball to him or throw his way on defense.

Good luck Warriors. Stay focused. Rep the alumni well on Friday night.

getting 35 David Morse and 15 Davis Burton back is big news. I am glad to see both seniors getting a chance to play more high school football :thumb:

I believe #35 will only see limited action due to the length of his absence, kind of ease him in, get him another week of non-contact next week (open date), then be ready to go against Kingston. #15 is a big surprise, expecting him to be out until the Kingston game as well, but I hear he has been running without any difficulty, great! And #27 has been catching some balls and doing non-contact work. Hopefully he will be cleared to return by the Elizabethton game.

Don't think #35 has taken any/many snaps in practice all week. Might see him if we are way ahead-let's hope we have to worry about that. Having part of your colon taken out will kind of set you back! #15 will probably be game day decision re amount he plays, even during game-make sure that hammy is good! #27 to be re-evaluated soon by doctors and then we'll know. Good test for #6, #23, #20, and #7 in D backfield tommorow. Supposedly Scott has thrown the ball the same number of times as the Warriors have in one less game. Don't totally understand no #23 on off either-but doubt a pass happy opponent will be the game he goes both ways. :ugeek: Hard to argue with 6-0 though :blink:

Don't think #35 has taken any/many snaps in practice all week. Might see him if we are way ahead-let's hope we have to worry about that. Having part of your colon taken out will kind of set you back! #15 will probably be game day decision re amount he plays, even during game-make sure that hammy is good! #27 to be re-evaluated soon by doctors and then we'll know. Good test for #6, #23, #20, and #7 in D backfield tommorow. Supposedly Scott has thrown the ball the same number of times as the Warriors have in one less game. Don't totally understand no #23 on off either-but doubt a pass happy opponent will be the game he goes both ways. :ugeek: Hard to argue with 6-0 though :blink:

Good information 4Warriors. As far as #35, IMO the most important thing is to have him back in the weight room and eating properly again to regain his strength and weight. Secondly for him, just having practice time is important to get him back "in football shape" to be able to handle the movement, running, etc. I would like to see him play just enough that he and his DR can evaluate how he feels and responds the following day. Then, assuming he checks out, back in full contact and practice for the bye week and ready to go full force Kingston and/or Elizabethton weeks.

The stats on Scott throwing the ball are very interesting to say the least. HS football IMO is all about athletes and matchups. We've all seen how what on paper is a superior team, has trouble with a team that they don't match up well with. Our pass coverage for the most part has looked good in the limited attempts they have had to deal with. The opposing offense will have to be sharp to avoid completing several passes to OUR guys. Additionally, I would hope that since our D practices against our O, that they are better schooled than most in dealing with a pass attack. On the other hand, I would assume their D, even though they might not be great at stopping the run, may be experienced in going up against a pass oriented team. Whoever plays opposite #23 will have to do a good job making sure no one gets behind them. I would sure rather give up some short completions and make them execute all the way down the field rather than give up long scoring plays.

Having said all that, we've seen many times that high school teams with a defense geared to stopping the run many times struggle against the pass, and yet Scott is 2-3. This tells me that they have not been clicking on all cylinders. I would think that this is a game that the Warriors need to come out strong and take control early, and never allow their offense to get cranked up.

Don't let Scott County's 2-3 record fool ya all.. this is a good football team... they lost to york in ot 24-27... in which the refs called a holding on a pick 6 with about 2 mins left in the game to cost scott the game... they was up 27-21 against kingston with 30 seconds left when their qb dropped the snap and kingston scooped and scored... 2 rough ways to lose a football nevertheless... but this is a good scott team.. and the other loss was to alcoa...

Don't let Scott County's 2-3 record fool ya all.. this is a good football team... they lost to york in ot 24-27... in which the refs called a holding on a pick 6 with about 2 mins left in the game to cost scott the game... they was up 27-21 against kingston with 30 seconds left when their qb dropped the snap and kingston scooped and scored... 2 rough ways to lose a football nevertheless... but this is a good scott team.. and the other loss was to alcoa...

Nice advice. I know the players and coaches seem to be focused on Scott. It is a district game which makes it vital, regardless of records. The Warriors had a good week of practice and appear to be ready to play. There will be distractions due to homecoming and the blow out win last week could sow a few seeds of complacency early. A team like Scott could definitely come in and stir things up a bit and make some noise. But, I believe our boys have the right mentality, confident not cocky, focused but not uptight. CAK's coaching staff is better than most and will have the Warriors in position to make plays. Should be a good game. I expect the Scott QB to scramble and make some plays, score some points, but in the end I believe CAK will prove to be the better team.