Spring Hill vs Fairview

66in74

Spring Hill had its chances to beat the Lions last week, we did not take advantage of those. Also I think we benefited from poor play by Columbia's QB and receivers. If we don't get those turnovers by Xavier, I think we may of been blow out. I wish we would find an identity on offense. It seems like one series we are in one formation, then the next series, we are in another. Oh well, that's why the coaches get paid the big bucks.

So does anyone know anything about Fairview? What type of offense and defense do they run? Do they have any standout players? Or is this going to be another 3A blowout for the Raiders like the East Hickman game?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think spring hill is a very well coached team.

i think they will blow out fairview, after the beat down we gave them last week! spring hill is very phyical and has some pritty good size players. with lots of speed.

"Beat Down"?

6-0 at Halftime.

19-6 in the 4th Qtr.

Where you even there "sittin in the rain"?

Then comes along "timeflies" talking about Columbia's "blowout" win against SH? :lol:

A AAA (1400 students) beats a AA (850 students) 25-6 and it's a "beat down" (or) "blow out" win?

Yeah, right.

Spring Hill watched the film against Columbia, that's over.............................then they watched Fairview.

Up next: FAIRVIEW!

Motto: "Play whoever shows up".

GEEEZ.... I hate that I offendend you, :lol: I guess you would call a 25 -6 a narrow loss. :thumb: I call it a BLOWOUT. sounds like your team had another melt down like they did aginst Giles (as you called it) better get a grip on that 4th quarter!!

And on your student count........SAVE IT

i think spring hill is a very well coached team.

i think they will blow out fairview, after the beat down we gave them last week! spring hill is very phyical and has some pritty good size players. with lots of speed.

"Beat Down"?

6-0 at Halftime.

19-6 in the 4th Qtr.

Where you even there "sittin in the rain"?

Then comes along "timeflies" talking about Columbia's "blowout" win against SH? :D

A AAA (1400 students) beats a AA (850 students) 25-6 and it's a "beat down" (or) "blow out" win?

Yeah, right.

Spring Hill watched the film against Columbia, that's over.............................then they watched Fairview.

Up next: FAIRVIEW!

Motto: "Play whoever shows up".

GEEEZ.... I hate that I offendend you, :thumb: I guess you would call a 25 -6 a narrow loss. :lol: I call it a BLOWOUT. sounds like your team had another melt down like they did aginst Giles (as you called it) better get a grip on that 4th quarter!!

And on your student count........SAVE IT

:huh: Offend me? Now that's :lol:

Spring Hill had its chances to beat the Lions last week, we did not take advantage of those. Also I think we benefited from poor play by Columbia's QB and receivers. If we don't get those turnovers by Xavier, I think we may of been blow out. I wish we would find an identity on offense. It seems like one series we are in one formation, then the next series, we are in another. Oh well, that's why the coaches get paid the big bucks.

So does anyone know anything about Fairview? What type of offense and defense do they run? Do they have any standout players? Or is this going to be another 3A blowout for the Raiders like the East Hickman game?

Based on film vs. Harpeth:

On offense, they typically line up in a "spread" type formation. #9 the QB is the primary guy on offense. He likes to run alot; 20-25 times per game. He accounts for about 70% of their offense. Doesn't have great arm strength, but throws the ball on short routes pretty well.

Defensively they appear to run a 3-4 with a LB lined up more like a DE on the strong side. Looks like cover 2 most of the time. Didn't really see anyone that stood out?

Nobody really jumps out at you on the film I saw. Seem to play pretty well as a team.

Didn't appear to be very big up front.

Somebody commented.........."they don't have no brothers". :thumb:

I don't know the young man's name but the Fairview quarterback will remind Spring Hill fans of Garrett Potts who played QB for Cheatham County each of the last 2 seasons. Both have similar body sizes and both can throw the ball somewhat effectively and both are very big threats to run it and hurt teams doing so. I am telling any of the old Region 5-3A teams out there in District 12AA that the Fairview quarterback will remind you so much of Potts that it is ridiculous.

I think that this game will give us a true measure of schedule strength.

Fairview has played a weak schedule

Spring Hill has played a much tougher schedule.

Will it matter?

If Any team shuts down the Fairview QB, it will be a long night for them

You are correct Bulldog.

#9/QB is the key for Fairview's offense.

Spring Hill needs to get their LBs loose and put a helmet on his earhole a few times. If they shut him down then SH's defense will have a good night.

Offensively SH need to be hitting on all cylinders. If they are then it could be a long night for the Yellow Jackets. :ugeek:

Suppose to rain on Friday, but be outta here by noon so the field conditions should be OK.

The manager of the Sonic Drive in Fairview is concerned that the game is over in time for the Fairview players to be able to get there in time to eat....therefore they make a profit for the night.

look for the yellow flags....hmmmmm

There is a Sonic about 2 miles north of Spring Hill High School.

Maybe the 2 managers could talk and work something out.

Can't imagine that an insect eats all that much? :lol:

What do you mean about "look for the yellow flags"?

Do you expect alot of penalties in this one?

Hope all the Fairview fans have a safe trip. :lol: