Big Games in Memphis ... Week 6

kwc

Granted, it seems Millington doesn't have much either and that same CBHS team did beat you soundly (Injury or not).

JodyJoe first let me say that I think CBHS is a very sound football team. But how can you say that CBHS beat MCHS soundly injury or not. Millington was very successful at moving the ball and scored until the QB went down. I think it would have been a totally different game with the QB 1 in the game. Unfortunatly we will never know how it would have turned out. I believe that it quite possibly could have been one of the best games of the year in the local area. Good luck this Friday.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Picks....

Millington 28 Cordova 7

MUS 44 WSHS 14

Bolton 21 Arlington 14

East 28 Melrose 21

Briercrest 28 Craigmont 14

MillingtonFan20007,

You MUST be drinking that ol' Kool-Aid if you think that highly of Millington--21 points better than Cordova!

I can fully understand you supporting your home team--you should. What I don't understand is your rationale for actually thinking that Millington is as good as your 28-7 prediction would suggest. You even had the hutzpah to say that Cordova doesn't have much, boldly implying that Millington has much more...

Hello: Have you not been paying attention this season? Millington does not have much, either!

Look--as I've said before, I'm not trying to knock Millington or any of its players. It is no crime or shame for a football team to have an "off" year. I'm also not here to defend Cordova; I'm just totally perplexed and find it quite remarkable that someone could actually hold such a severely distorted view of a football team that has performed as poorly as has Millington!

MillingtonFan2007, please put that glass of Kool-Aid down and slowly back away.....Next, take off them blinders. Now, it's time to get real...

---------------------------------------------

Cordova 17 --- Millington 14

No no no.... Im saying CBHS in my opinion are not that good this yr.. Reason for that comment is Germantown hung around with them and Gtown is down this yr. No im not saying Millington would have won but would have made it a better game. Yes Millington is down this yr too... The comment before this was actually to Jodyjoe due to here comment bact to me.

Let me see if I got this right ... CBHS who is 5-1 with victories over Melrose, Germantown, Clarksdale (MS), White Station, and Millington, is not a good team because Germantown (4-1, with victories over Collierville, Hamilton, Houston, and Kingsbury) hung with them to a score of 7-17.

Granted ... this year, Collierville and Houston aren't as good as years past ... but Germantown has taken care of business ... the jury is still out on them oh how good they actually are, however, I don't think they are a bad team. They have done pretty good against the teams on their schedule.

Let's just say I disagree with your statement about CBHS. I think they are a good sound team.

I guess my Opinion is different when it comes to "Thinking who is a good team" than yours. Im not trying to be a Smart _ _ _.... Apparently by reading your comments you are taken this very seriously and seemed bothered by my comments... I think Memphis Area teams are down altogether this yr except Arlington who has improved alot.

I guess my Opinion is different when it comes to "Thinking who is a good team" than yours. Im not trying to be a Smart _ _ _.... Apparently by reading your comments you are taken this very seriously and seemed bothered by my comments... I think Memphis Area teams are down altogether this yr except Arlington who has improved alot.

Millingtonfan2007 - I agree with your overall assessment of Memphis area teams. The 6A jamboree was at Arlington and while I know you cannot tell everything from a jamboree, I beleive it did give an indication. After watching the jamboree that had Bartlett, Millington, Southwind, Germantown, Collierville, Arlington, Bolton and Houston - I thought there is not a team out there that Arlington could not beat or lose to. I think there is not a dominant team in the bunch.

Millington is still a mystery. I thougth that they would not be as good as last year but the schedule that they have played so far, I beleive, has made them appear worse than they are. They will contend for the region for sure.

I am anxious to see Bolton and Arlington Friday night. Arlington is much better than last year. There are a number of reasons for that. They are much more physical on defense and they are not playing anyone both ways. Their conditioning is outstanding and they like to play fast. The new spread fits our QB perfectly, they would have won some games last year just by making the offensive change. It is hard for most high school secondaries to cover 4 and 5 WR packages that the Tigers are running. I think the remaining 4 games are clearly tougher than the first 6 and they could win or lose them all. But I will tell you, this group of seniors have always won growing up and the 1-9 record last year put a bad taste in their mouth and they have worked incredibly hard in the offseason and have one thing the team last year did not - Leadership.

I think Houston, Collierville, Bartlett and Southwind are really down. I think Bolton, Cordova, Arlington, Germantown and Millington are more closely matched this year.

The next 4 weeks will be interesting for sure. They are not 6A but I think Craigmont will have a say on who wins the region also.

Millingtonfan2007 - I agree with your overall assessment of Memphis area teams. The 6A jamboree was at Arlington and while I know you cannot tell everything from a jamboree, I beleive it did give an indication. After watching the jamboree that had Bartlett, Millington, Southwind, Germantown, Collierville, Arlington, Bolton and Houston - I thought there is not a team out there that Arlington could not beat or lose to. I think there is not a dominant team in the bunch.

Millington is still a mystery. I thougth that they would not be as good as last year but the schedule that they have played so far, I beleive, has made them appear worse than they are. They will contend for the region for sure.

I am anxious to see Bolton and Arlington Friday night. Arlington is much better than last year. There are a number of reasons for that. They are much more physical on defense and they are not playing anyone both ways. Their conditioning is outstanding and they like to play fast. The new spread fits our QB perfectly, they would have won some games last year just by making the offensive change. It is hard for most high school secondaries to cover 4 and 5 WR packages that the Tigers are running. I think the remaining 4 games are clearly tougher than the first 6 and they could win or lose them all. But I will tell you, this group of seniors have always won growing up and the 1-9 record last year put a bad taste in their mouth and they have worked incredibly hard in the offseason and have one thing the team last year did not - Leadership.

I think Houston, Collierville, Bartlett and Southwind are really down. I think Bolton, Cordova, Arlington, Germantown and Millington are more closely matched this year.

The next 4 weeks will be interesting for sure. They are not 6A but I think Craigmont will have a say on who wins the region also.

very good points :lol:

As I sit here reading these posts on my lunch break, I just knew that guys like Trader B and KWC, would eat some lunch also; lunch being Millingtonfan2007. We all are just having a fun debate, and picking games, all based on some sort of logic (performance, records, players, scheme, coaching, weather, etc.). It is completely illogical to say that CBHS is not a good team, given its current record and performance. Based on what I see in CBHS, they are probably 2 to 4 fast and athletic skill/secondary players away from being a great team. Though Millington may not be a bad team, and in the end may be in fact be a good team, as of now one can say that Millington is not a good team based on some degree of logic.

LOLOLOLOL ... ease up millingtonfan2007 ... it's all in fun ... my goodness. Yes I take my prognogstication and analysis of the Memphis area high school seriously or else why would I hang out on this site ... but let's not get it twisted ... at the end of the day its all opinions and they are like belly buttons ... everybody has one. I'm on here to talk high school football in the great state of Tennessee, especially in the Memphis area becasue that is where I was reared and where I currently reside. But get one thing straight ... this is just for fun. We can agree to disagree ... like we do about CBHS ... that's the beauty of a site like this. We all exchange our opinions and ideas on teams we like and what not.

No ... I don't think you are being a smart aleck or anything like that. Ease up ... breath ... have fun ... relax ... it's all good.

I was just trying to follow your logic of why you think CBHS isn't considered to be a good team in your opinion ... that's all. I just don't see what you see.

As I sit here reading these posts on my lunch break, I just knew that guys like Trader B and KWC, would eat some lunch also; lunch being Millingtonfan2007. We all are just having a fun debate, and picking games, all based on some sort of logic (performance, records, players, scheme, coaching, weather, etc.). It is completely illogical to say that CBHS is not a good team, given its current record and performance. Based on what I see in CBHS, they are probably 2 to 4 fast and athletic skill/secondary players away from being a great team. Though Millington may not be a bad team, and in the end may be in fact be a good team, as of now one can say that Millington is not a good team based on some degree of logic.

LOLOLOLOLOL .... :lol:

On that note I would like to offer some food for thought for everyone to consider. In recent years, the REGION set up for classifications gave the high schools some options in scheduling. This new DISTRICT arrangement with combinded classifications present a different set of delimas. I know WHY the TSSAA did what they did. The complaints about teams with losing records making the playoffs had a lot to do with it. Does anybody like this system any better? I really don't like the combined classification portion of it. IF you want to LUMP them all together .... THEN DOG GONE IT ... JUST MAKE 3 CLASSIFICATIONS AND BE DONE WITH IT.