2010 District 1 AAA Girls Schedule

Monday, Feb 15

Science Hill vs David Crockett 7:30

Sullivan Central vs. Sullivan South 6:00

Tuesday, Feb 16

Tennessee High vs Daniel Boone 6:00

Dobyns-Bennett vs Volunteer 7:30

Friday, Feb 19

(Winner of TN High vs Daniel Boone) vs (Winner of Dobyns-Bennett vs Volunteer) @ 6:00

(Winner of Science Hill vs David Crocket) vs (Winner of Sullivan Central vs Sullivan South) @ 7:30

Monday, Feb 22

Game at 6:00 - 3rd / 4th place

Game at 7:30 - Championship game 1st / 2nd place

From my distant view, South had too many turnovers, but a few at the wrong time probably cost them. Both teams played hard.

SH outcome was as expected.

As for tonight, the lower seeds play first.

Going forward, no ones wants to be the 4th seed...MoWest awaits :thumb:

Abbey missed 10 field goals. She had 4 steals and missed layups on 2. That's 12 missed shots. She missed 2 foul shots. She walked with one lone trey. She held Jackie to one field goal...2 points. She garnered 6 foul shots in the last 40 seconds to walk with 8 points. Abbey would have had 12 assists but none found the net. Half were missed layups the other half were stolen in the paint. It would have been a wash but Mac and Tyria wanted to win.

Thought Boone was going to pull the upset tonight against TH. Anyone with predictions of who will be in the championship game? SH vs DB perhaps? I'm not making any bets on this years finals as crazy as the season has been anything is possible.

South had a few turnovers in the final few minutes that gave the Cougars the spark they needed last night. South will be losing some very fine young ladies to graduation who will be missed. Kim Johnson and Tyria Hutchins have had great careers for the lady rebels on the basketball court but also on the volleyball court. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Went to South vs Boone Game on Wednesday night. Saw 2 teams scratching and fighting and thought South's loss was due to turnovers, but mostly due to missed foul shots. Boone won because the controlled the paint, made fewer mistakes (and due to South's poor foul shooting). But, --here's the thing I really want to talk about-----------what do you all think about the referees in this area? I thought the little guy did a pretty good job, but the one they called Marty and other they called Mike were poor. No consistency from one end to the other, out of position alot, and making calls (when out of position) that there is no way they really saw---------and completely not seeing fouls and walks that they should have seen.

I know there is some good referee talent here, but how do these two guys make it to a District Level. Are we that hard up for referees? Are they not paid enough to attract better talent?

You all talk like South is the only team out there without a good coach. Fact is there are several in the Big 8 that could use a fresh face. The only teams that seem to have a coach that wants to win and knows how to win are TH, DB, and SH. They seem to pick a coach because he can coach and not just because thats all they got. The county schools are just that, county. They use what they got and try to make the best of it. Why do you think these kids keep leaving the county and go to the city schools. Have you ever looked around at the roster on the city schools and realized how many of those are really county kids. It is shocking! The county schools are fortunate to have coaches and sometimes you have to make due with what you have. I am sure for the most part all these coaches care about their players and perhaps they don't see the damage they are causing those athletes that want to go on to college. Parents need to look early on if they want their kids to just play ball or do they want that kid to play at the next level. If at the next level you need to pick your school wisely.

If I am not mistaking the Tennessee High Head Girls coach was the head girls coach at Sullivan North several years back before taking an assistants position at THS (he may have went somewhere in between or was a GA at some college). In fact, I believe his dad was the assistant boys coach at Lynn View High and then at North for many years.