Wilson Central 3, Blackman 0 (25-14, 25-21, 37-35)

play4keeps

Tonight Wilson Central hosted Blackman for what would end up being the longest volleyball set I have ever witness in the 10+ I've been watching HS volleyball.

After Wilson Central walked away with the first set, 25-14, Blackman fought hard the second set but lost 21-25. The third set, however, was one for the records books. Both teams played phenomenally. Balls thought to be dead, were dug up. Blocked balls were picked up. Tips were picked up. Every time one team thought they had it bagged, the point would go the other way.

Final set ended 37-35 for Wilson Central. Truly the longest set I've ever watched and every minute was agony :thumb:

Here are the stats as recorded for Wilson Central:

Assists: 31

Kills: 45

Blocks: 6

Digs: 10

Aces: 2

As you can see, the stats are nothing special. The rallies in the final game were LONG and usually ended on an error (don't they ALL?). I don't keep the dig stats, they do seem a little low to me based on the game I watching but truly the play didn't get tough until the score got to 25-25.

All that said, it was a really fun game to watch and the girls said they had a blast playing it.