Tournament Brackets

DCA00

Can someone tell me how the District/Region tournaments will be setup in Division II - A? How many teams will play in the tournament and how will the teams be selected? There are 2 districts in the East Middle Region and we did not play everyone in the other district.

Some other teams have only played 2 or 3 region games and we have played 5. We are 2 -1 against teams in our district, but lost 2 games to teams in the other district. We have 1 district game left and I am just trying to figure out if we will be playing in the tournament.

Thank you for any help you can give me. I have looked on the TSSAA.org site and there was nothing there that I could find helpful.

We have been assuming playoffs in the E/Middle region of 2A work as follows. Each division has 5 teams. There is a play-in game for spots 4-5 in each division.

The 1st round is presumably play between divisions; team 1 vs team 4/5, 2 vs 3 from the other division. Unless St Andres upsets DCA, I think the 1st rd is

St Cecilia vs Mt Juliet/Ezell-Harding.

USN vs Davidson/Webb.

FRA vs St Andrews.

DCA vs Knoxville-Webb.

Then I am a bit unsure; if they simply place the teams in a bracket at the beginning, it would be

St C winner vs FRA winner, USN winner vs DCA winner; if lower rated teams win, they haven't told us whether they will instead order the teams again by original seeds.

All 1st rd winners will have to play a 3d game, to determine which W TN team they play in substate. W team 1 plays Mid/E 4, 2 vs 3, 3 vs 2, 4 vs 1. Perhaps more important, since each of the op 4 W TN teams could beat each other on a given day, the top 2 teams stay at home for substate, while teams 3 and 4 have to travel for their games.

Substate winners move on to the state tournament