McKenzie vs Huntingdon.....let it begin!!!

VOLnWTN

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tide only shifts for a short period of time. I've said it before, we have our three or four down years every 15 or 20 years. We are still competitive during those years but sometimes our rivals get to savor some well deserved wins which in turn renews the rivalry and helps sustain each teams monetary needs. I enjoy seeing the men on these boards who have been blistered by Huntingdon their entire lives get to dish it back out to us. Its certainly emotionally healthy and I can just see them walking a little taller, spit shined shoes, with a click in their heels and a top of the morning to ya as they stroll into their local grocer or williams furniture in downtown mckenzie. Good luck to you ladies friday night and I hope both teams come out injury free. :flower:

This is from the Mckenzie, TN newspaper.

The Rebels have won the last three against the Mustangs and look to win four straight from them for the first time since World War 2. In 1944, the Rebels started a string of what would be five straight victories over the Mustangs.' '

Both teams will have an open date to prepare for this game and then a playoff run.

"Huntingdon is a big game," said Clark. "I'm going to play my heart out for all the seniors; that's all I can do."

"We're bringing our A game and we're doing it for the seniors," said Arnold. "We've got to keep this victory thing going."

"We'll get two weeks preparation," said John Johnson. "They are coming on and we are, too. We have the three best backs in West Tennessee in my opinion, in all of Tennessee. We'll go a long way with our line and our three backs. We'll put it on the line keep doing what we need to do."

Rogers took exception to claims from Huntingdon folks that they have the bet line and best backs in the state.

"We have some of the best defensive linemen and best linebackers in the state," said Rogers. "We're going to get in the weightroom, work hard, get ready and prepare,"