McKenzie vs Huntingdon.....let it begin!!!

VOLnWTN

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Fudge? I Didn't Realize A State Championship Was A Requirement. I Thought You Just Had To Have A Cool Name Like Hater Nation Or Something. My Apologies. I'll Quit Today. :thumb:

Butchie, apparently we are having to much fun on here because after reading some other quotes on here we are suppose to be serious and discuss game strategy only! My bad! I have some words for those people but I don't think I can say them on here. Lol. Back to your quote tho, its friday don't be bitter, yall can always come across the creek and admire our gold ball! Baahahahahahaha!

I am a Huntingdon transplant living in Middle TN and can't make it to the game because of a prior committment but I don't want to post to talk trash to McK fans. As I recall when I played that wasn't our style. Huntingdon fans should respect what they've been able to accomplish accross the creek the last few years - but believe me, you don't have to like them.

To the Stang players - believe me, we all know what this game means to alumnus like myself, students at the school, and the people of Huntingdon. I am sure you know this very well. I will just tell you this, in 2001 McKenzie beat us for the first time in I think 20 something years (not sure on the exact number of years so please don't crucify me for that) and it completely ruined my memories of high school football. No one game should mean that much that it can erase all the great memories, friendships, and bonds that were created - and it didn't erase them, but it definately tainted them. See, in '01 it was unheard of to lose to McKenzie, although they had a great team that year (Rebel fans will remember that talented bunch well) and we did - we lost the region championship to them that night. Our team never recovered and lost the following week to a very undermatched Harpeth team in the first round of the playoffs. Poof! - season was over, for some, careers were over.

So Stang players, from a former Stang, I want you to know that although this game is huge for you, its not just huge for you - its huge for an entire community in Huntingdon, a coaching staff I'm sure has killed themselves preparing for this game, your parents at home, and also for Huntingdon Mustang alumni scattered all over the state and nation. Go out there and don't leave any room for regret, be sure when you leave that field that you know in your heart that everything you had got left over there in McKenzie tonight.

ill take responsibility for being one of the idiots on here but it sho is fun. i bet being an idiot is more fun than being a tight a-- know it all that thinks its wrong to have a little fun. if us idiots didnt have respect for each others team we would not be on here acting like idiots. good luck to both teams, got to root for my hosses but the main thing is no one gets hurt and both teams get to go into the playoffs full strength. great tune up game for both teams going into playoffs. both will benefit win or lose from this game. now if you dont mind i will go back to being an idiot. hope i didnt just damage my reputation :thumb:

I am a Huntingdon transplant living in Middle TN and can't make it to the game because of a prior committment but I don't want to post to talk trash to McK fans. ......................................... Go out there and don't leave any room for regret, be sure when you leave that field that you know in your heart that everything you had got left over there in McKenzie tonight.

Since you thought the game was tonight, maybe you can clear your calendar for October 30th (actual date of this game) and attend. They kinda jumped the gun and started this thread a week too early.

I am a Huntingdon transplant living in Middle TN and can't make it to the game because of a prior committment but I don't want to post to talk trash to McK fans. ......................................... Go out there and don't leave any room for regret, be sure when you leave that field that you know in your heart that everything you had got left over there in McKenzie tonight.

Since you thought the game was tonight, maybe you can clear your calendar for October 30th (actual date of this game) and attend. They kinda jumped the gun and started this thread a week too early.

Lol, thanks cascade11, well darn I wasted the good speech too early!!! Ha, I feel dumb. But maybe I can make it to the game now.

Lol, thanks cascade11, well darn I wasted the good speech too early!!! Ha, I feel dumb. But maybe I can make it to the game now.

If it makes you feel any better, it was a good speech. Had me so fired up I was headed up to Mckenzie to whip Butchie's tail since that was the only Reb I knew. :thumb:

Maybe you can repost it next Friday on the 185th page of this thread. :D

Should be a heck of a game. Have not saw McKenzie play since jamboree, but saw Huntingdon at Camden. I hope it can match that one.

Go Rebels, corral Mr. Holder and the rest of the Stangs, and dang this forum may set some kinda record for # of pages by next Friday!

Nice to see still some competitive games left within Carroll County borders.

I am a Huntingdon transplant living in Middle TN and can't make it to the game because of a prior committment but I don't want to post to talk trash to McK fans. As I recall when I played that wasn't our style......

Still a good post. I'm not crucifying you here but I believe if memory serves me correct, the unthinkable happend about every 13years or last happened 13yrs before 2001. Either way it was quite lopsided.

That 2001 team was very talented and we ran into the Westview buzz saw in the Semi-Finals. Rafel Hill and Justin Harrell to name a couple.

Sure we'd like to win every game every year, but getting accustomed to that can be dangerous to us idiot fans and I suppose the players as well when the "unthinkable" happens.

:thumb: