District 7AA

PurpleGrad

I agree with Indian and Oldschool. Sequatchie County may taunt players on the court but when we do, we make sure we're talking about the number on the jersey, not the person wearin it. No one is arguing that Sequatchie County should of won, but there still seems to be some discrepancies over whether or not what Grundy was chanting and yelling was out of line. Well.. it was. Sure, a push in the back may not of been the best thing for an SC player to do, but he was in the heat of the game, there's no justification for personal taunts and flat out uncalled for jeering from the GC fans sitting in the stands. You talk about us trying to set a double standard for our fans, but you should probably go back and try to read your own comments from a different perspective. I know I wouldn't start making fun of the way someone from Grundy looks even if an entire crowd was doing it, and i would hope you wouldn't either. If you wouldn't then there, you've proven my point, if you would, then I guess I don't find it hard to believe your from Grundy County.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best player on the court? I HIGHLY disagree. He wasnt himself dont get me wrong. I think he may have shot 8 times and had 12 points...had a couple of turnovers he doesnt usually have...but still the best player on the court. Cartwright is a young man who has stepped up and put his team on his back several times this season late in games. A "killer" instinct some say. He didnt have that against Grundy County in the last meeting. From the stands it seems like they need him to take shots to win. Not only does he put points on the board but opens up other players when teams concentrate on him. I dnt care if the kid has 2 points and 7 turnovers...no other player in the district is better.(And he is a sophomore) Maybe Im the only person that thinks that but anyone who knows basketball and has watched this kid should know.

I think some are forgetting the foul late was with the team down by 2, trying to stop the clock. Most of the players from Sequatchie were lined up to shake hands, as players generally do, why should they have gone straight to the locker room. If a player had stayed out of the other's face, plus the taunting had ended or never gotten out of hand to begin with, there would have been no problems.

I think some are forgetting the foul late was with the team down by 2, trying to stop the clock. Most of the players from Sequatchie were lined up to shake hands, as players generally do, why should they have gone straight to the locker room. If a player had stayed out of the other's face, plus the taunting had ended or never gotten out of hand to begin with, there would have been no problems.

Thats exactly why I said there was nothing wrong with the foul late.

As for going to the locker room, I just thought that was an option. The Grundy players were celebrating, the fans rushed the court and alot of times the losing team will just go to their locker room, then send their congratulations later. All it takes is one word from fan or player and we could have a Legarrette Blount situation.

I was taking nothing away from Cartwright. I just don't feel like he was the best player on the court that night, he usually is. He had a few uncharacteristic turnovers, I didn't think he attacked the basket as much as he did when the teams met in dunlap. I have also never seen him get his pocket picked, but Colby Ladd absolutely took his cookie from him in the open court in the 3rd qt. Its just my opinion, and your entitled to yours.

I hope both teams meet up again in the district championship.

Sorry for being disrespectful! After watching the film the foul wasn't that bad. It looked like Kreh Partin felt that Tyler Kilgore intentionally pushed Kevin Butner down. I know that the coaches would never push a player unless it was to push them away from the fight.

Also, the point of student sections is to get in players head's,and it looks like the Richard's Rowdies did a good job doing that.

I don't disagree with some of what was said in the last couple of posts. I still think the referees let things nearly get out of hand even before the near flare-up. The big thing for both teams now is not to overlook their first opponents or they will be on the road the first round of the region.

Sequatchie played an okay game at Whitwell tonight, won it 63-43. Came out strong and let 36-12 in the second quarter. Whitwell came back with an 8-0 run vs reserves late in the first half and carried that momentum into the third quarter, cut the lead all the way back to 10 at 45-35. Sequatchie led by 13 after three and got the lead to 15-20 the rest of the game. Derek Smith led Sequatchie in scoring with 22 and had 8 rebounds, Kilgore scored 14, all in the first half, also had 5 assists, 4 steals. Cartwright scored 12 with 5 assists, Cordell scored 8 with 7 rebounds. Shepherd scored 4 and worked hard for 12 rebounds. Whitwell's Tucker was well contained in the first half scoring and rebounding, added to his totals in both those categories in the second half.