Cumberland Gap @ Cosby 10-23-09

veerman8133

I think this will be an interesting game, not sure what the weather is going to be like, hope its nice but it doesn't look good B) Hope all the Cougars have a safe trip down, and I know this sounds goofy, but if all the Gappers would wear pink it would be nice. We'er having a Breast Cancer awareness thing and we're looking to PINK out the stadium, both teams will be wearing pink ribbons on their helments, and the coaches will also wear them on their hats or shirts. So if you've been touched by this terrible disease, PLEASE show your support for a cure and wear your PINK!! :thumb:

Ok first Bigblue...we are the Panthers!! Secondly...that sounds awesome!! I don't think enough schools do this sort of thing. Pink Out in Cosby! Will def be wearing mine if i'm able to make the trip! :roflol:

My fault veerman :? At least I knew it was a big cat! :? Thanks for your support and PLEASE again wear your PINK, I know OldEagle and myself will wear ours! Like he said, its important to show our kids how important this cause is, I myself have been touched by this terrible disease, my aunt is a breast cancer survivor, and my dad is battling mantle-cell lymphoma, so PLEASE lets turn out in our PINK and raise as much awareness we can!!!! Again I apologize to the PANTHER nation, and I won't let it happen again!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be an interesting game, not sure what the weather is going to be like, hope its nice but it doesn't look good B) Hope all the Cougars have a safe trip down, and I know this sounds goofy, but if all the Gappers would wear pink it would be nice. We'er having a Breast Cancer awareness thing and we're looking to PINK out the stadium, both teams will be wearing pink ribbons on their helments, and the coaches will also wear them on their hats or shirts. So if you've been touched by this terrible disease, PLEASE show your support for a cure and wear your PINK!! :roflol:

Ok first Bigblue...we are the Panthers!! Secondly...that sounds awesome!! I don't think enough schools do this sort of thing. Pink Out in Cosby! Will def be wearing mine if i'm able to make the trip! :roflol:

My fault veerman :roflol: At least I knew it was a big cat! ;) Thanks for your support and PLEASE again wear your PINK, I know OldEagle and myself will wear ours! Like he said, its important to show our kids how important this cause is, I myself have been touched by this terrible disease, my aunt is a breast cancer survivor, and my dad is battling mantle-cell lymphoma, so PLEASE lets turn out in our PINK and raise as much awareness we can!!!! Again I apologize to the PANTHER nation, and I won't let it happen again!

Ha! No worries my friend. And as i said, if i'm able to make it...i will for sure be in pink! And i'm pretty sure the word is out in CG'ville about the pink out and im pretty sure those that go will definitely be willing to help out and support the cause. Let's just hope all this pink don't get to the boys and this turn into a big pillowfight!!! lol Just kidding. In all seriousness though...i'm looking for a good game and hopefully a big night for both squads and for all cancer patients. May the good Lord be with all of them.

Go Panthers! Go Eagles! GO CANCER SURVIVORS!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read the stats...Freshman quarterback Blake Franklin in his first varsity start...13-25 for 391 yards, 4 td's 1 int. 1 rushing td for 43 yards. Excellent nights work. Also senior reciever Whit Willis, in his second game of the season since returning from an injury... 8 catches for 286 yards and 3 td's, another excellent nights work. Congrats to both guys,and the rest of the Panther team (Safety Seth Sharp, 2 great drive killing pics on defense) now forget it and get ready to closeout with Grainger.

Good game by Franklin last night. He had a lot of help from his senior receiver but that's how it should be. There were times when he looked like a jr or sr and times when he looked like a freshman. I think he's gonna be a pretty good qb for CG in the future. Good game by CG for the most part. Had a few lapses but overall played pretty well. Thanks to the Cosby Eagles for bein such good hosts. I hope there was a lot of money raised for the cancer society. The pink out was cool! Got one more regular season game to go. I just hope we can come out firing on all cylinders next week!! :roflolk:

Good game by Franklin last night. He had a lot of help from his senior receiver but that's how it should be. There were times when he looked like a jr or sr and times when he looked like a freshman. I think he's gonna be a pretty good qb for CG in the future. Good game by CG for the most part. Had a few lapses but overall played pretty well. Thanks to the Cosby Eagles for bein such good hosts. I hope there was a lot of money raised for the cancer society. The pink out was cool! Got one more regular season game to go. I just hope we can come out firing on all cylinders next week!! :roflolk:

Hey thanks to all the CG fans who wore their pink and to the players for wearing the ribbon on their helmets. CG has some classy players who play hard and clean with respect for their opponent , and thats refreshing to see nowadays. What a great game to watch even though my eagles came out on the wrong end , high scoring a couple lead changes lots of offense through the air. I believe there was about 900 yards of offense between the two teams.

Great effort by the eagles, I was at the game and even with the score at 48-25 with 2 minutes left to play they never let up. Also, kudos to the Cosby fans. They left no doubt as to how much they love their team and were as loud as any fans I've heard from the opening whistle til the last one. Good luck the rest of the way Cosby Football.

Great effort by the eagles, I was at the game and even with the score at 48-25 with 2 minutes left to play they never let up. Also, kudos to the Cosby fans. They left no doubt as to how much they love their team and were as loud as any fans I've heard from the opening whistle til the last one. Good luck the rest of the way Cosby Football.

I was very impressed with the level of sportsmanship that the Panthers displayed and what a great game! Gap pulled away in the 4th but up until then it was nip and tuck with both teams playing well on offense and even played a little "D" every once in a while. :thumb: Good luck to the Panthers the rest of the year, #31 is a dadgum stud! very impressed with that guy, can only imagine the numbers he would've put up if he'd been healthy all year. :roll: