FACS vs ST.George - Oct 23

CrusaderFan

Good matchup this week between teams that should be fairly evenly matched. Have had similar results with similar opponents so far this year. This is historically a fun series with FACS winning both games last year and St. George winning both the year before. This is a non-division game but both teams are comming off of losses so they each are wanting to get things going in the right direction. St. Georges lost a close one to Jackson Christian, while FACS was overpowered by the much bigger ECS. (ECS dressed 96 players for the FACS game on Friday.)

I do agree this will be a good match up. I had the priviledge of watching the FACS vs ECS game this past weekend. I normally watch other games in the county but I thought it would be the best game of the week. Both teams are good football teams and fun to watch. It was so obvious though who the superior team was. I didnt count quite 96 dressed. maybe 96 on the roster?? This is the second game I have seen ECS play. I have grown more impressed by them. Best running attack I have seen in the city, handsdown. I have also been impressed with their defense. The other game I saw them play was CBHS. Both CBHS and FACS were two of the highest ranking offenses coming into the games and if i am not mistaken they kept them both under 200 yards for the game. That sold me.

From my understanding this is a big game for both FACS and St. Georges though. Should be a good game. Hope I can make it out to take in the action.

No embarrassment to get beaten badly by ECS. They're way better than the rest of the district and the only team over in West 2 that's even close is USJ.

SGIS & SBEC will both be much more of a measuring stick for FACS. Matchups can be very important. I was really surprised to see JCS beat St. George's since SBEC was beaten solidy by SGIS but beat JCS in a game that ended close but was a solid 2 TD cushion until right at the end.

If FACS can defend and keep St. George's from ripping off big runs and make them earn every yard, they've got a nice chance to win this. The Gryphons won't throw it much so if the FACS secondary is as porous as last year it won't matter. St. George's will defend the run and defend it hard. If FACS can find a way to throw it just a little to keep SGIS from bringing the safeties up and stuffing the run, the offense could have a nice game.

Two running teams that really, really love to run although the styles are definitely different...should really be a fun one to watch.

I'd give St. George's the edge based on having played a much tougher schedule and being more battle tested but I watched them take advantage of every SBEC mistake and force some, too, so I'm admittedly biased towards what I saw. If that was one of their best games and FACS can force them out of their best game? Who knows. Definitely one of the better DII-A matchups of the week.