Siegel???

boroballer

LOD or anyone,

Will Siegel hire someone from outside the boro?

Can you be successful there?

It seems to me that Siegel has as much talent as anyone. Is it a diamond in the rough?

Siegel is very much a diamond in the rough. The talent is definately there as is displayed in freshmen ball. Please allow me to explain. At the freshmen level, players have learned a little but the majority of success at that level is based mostly on raw talent and ability. Siegel freshmen have always been successful. And I dont mean 6-4, I mean 9-1 8-2 each season with the exception of last season. Then when the players reach the varsity level, they struggle to be a .500 team. They simply aren't progressing and developing as much as the other teams. Is it coaching? Is it work ethic? I don't know. But the talent is at Siegel... there has ALWAYS been talent at Siegel. The only way Siegel will win with Watson is if an unbelievable running back comes in. And I mean Adrian Peterson like. 85% of the plays are runs up the middle. Nevermind the fact that you have the top returning quarterback and the top returning receiver in the region back for their senior year.

I don't blame Gooch for going nuts on the sidelines. If you had busted your butt and carried your job on your shoulders then your boss told you that you werent getting a promotion and wasnt going to be part of the events your company was doing, wouldnt you be a little ticked off too???

Not that any player should ever be disrespectful of a coach, but maybe sometimes the adult isn't in the right!!!

LOD or anyone,

It seems to me that Siegel has as much talent as anyone. Is it a diamond in the rough?

Siegel like Blackman could have been winners LONG ago as they both have excellent tallent walking the halls.

It goes back to when they first opened and you look at who was the main influence on 'who' was ALLOWED to be coaches there. The super at the time did ANYTHING one established coach wanted and that was to NOT pick some coaches from his staff that would be a threat. Example at Blackman was Crawford who was the DC at R'dale. At Siegel the odds on favorite was Britton. Instead both men were denied due to someone not wanting a successful staff broken. They got the coaches that said coach knew he could beat. Then this county lost both Crawford and Britton to other schools outside this county where the super had NO control.

The staff at Siegel does have one coach already on staff that does have the fire and imagination to be a successful head coach that has been denied a chance at being a HC by the 'old' coach at R'dale as well.

Sometimes it is good to know the 'history' in Rutherford County and to know where the bodies are buried and by whom.

LOD or anyone,

Siegel like Blackman could have been winners LONG ago as they both have excellent tallent walking the halls.

It goes back to when they first opened and you look at who was the main influence on 'who' was ALLOWED to be coaches there. The super at the time did ANYTHING one established coach wanted and that was to NOT pick some coaches from his staff that would be a threat. Example at Blackman was Crawford who was the DC at R'dale. At Siegel the odds on favorite was Britton. Instead both men were denied due to someone not wanting a successful staff broken. They got the coaches that said coach knew he could beat. Then this county lost both Crawford and Britton to other schools outside this county where the super had NO control.

The staff at Siegel does have one coach already on staff that does have the fire and imagination to be a successful head coach that has been denied a chance at being a HC by the 'old' coach at R'dale as well.

Sometimes it is good to know the 'history' in Rutherford County and to know where the bodies are buried and by whom.

Well said Old Dad. I agree. He seems to be the one who inforces some discipline at Siegel. Thats what has been missing. Along with some play calling.

boroballer, he did it also when he was at Smyrna and is the first to make Smyrna work out in the weight room like they should to be winners.

Question now is will the NEW super allow him the chance to go head to head against Shad?

'IF' this county ever gets a new super I hope it is NO ONE currently here and a member fo the good ole boys network!