Thank you Collinwood...

RealGoEagles

Cloudland, Celina, South Pitt, just a small list of some of the schools whose supporters have whined and cried and huffed and puffed and tried to blow the privates out of Division I A. One school noticeably absent from the list (which I didn't have time nor energy to type out.) is Collinwood.

They don't make excuses about being at a disadvantage (which if you've ever seen their team, I can't find a disadvantage). They strap it up and they play. And afterwards they shake your hand and tell you good game. They don't have their parents telling them it's ok to lose to privates because they cheat. They have coaches that get the most out of their players, bust their tails and get after it.

For that I want to say thanks. You are a classy school and have a heck of a football team. See you in November.

I don't think I have ever heard the cloudland boys complain that they had a disadvantage. I heard them say that they have to try harder next year, that Ezel had a bunch of good players. These boys looked at what they themselves did wrong. We make comments about what we see and hear. We have a bunch of good boys up here that really work hard. While we are complaining back and forth, all of the kids are working their tails to win the next game. That is there goal, the next game. I don't want to kick anyone out of Division I, but if they don't belong there, then they shouldn't be there. And by the way, I told my son he played an excelent game and I was proud of him. I also told him, maybe next year, work harder.

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Cloudland, Celina, South Pitt, just a small list of some of the schools whose supporters have whined and cried and huffed and puffed and tried to blow the privates out of Division I A. One school noticeably absent from the list (which I didn't have time nor energy to type out.) is Collinwood.

They don't make excuses about being at a disadvantage (which if you've ever seen their team, I can't find a disadvantage). They strap it up and they play. And afterwards they shake your hand and tell you good game. They don't have their parents telling them it's ok to lose to privates because they cheat. They have coaches that get the most out of their players, bust their tails and get after it.

For that I want to say thanks. You are a classy school and have a heck of a football team. See you in November.

Don't talk too loudly about Collinwood. You may be surprised where they stand on this issue! :D

I am speaking from what I heard. If I offended anyone, sorry. I said all around the country, maybe I exagurated but I am sure it happens. I didn't say to get rid of all the private schools. My point was, if they don't belong in 1A, they need to get out. Public or Private.

Really, all I care about is watching a good fair game. I'm sure that is what you want to see when you go to a game. :D

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Well, they don't make themselves look like cry babies like some of these fans do. At least they conduct themselves with a little dignity.

Some of the teams working the hardest behind the scenes to make this thing happen are the better 1A and 2A schools in the state. There is a growing wave of support for the split and it will gain even more momentum after the lawsuit!

Posted by caesar:
Posted by RealGoEagles:

Well, they don't make themselves look like cry babies like some of these fans do. At least they conduct themselves with a little dignity.

Some of the teams working the hardest behind the scenes to make this thing happen are the better 1A and 2A schools in the state. There is a growing wave of support for the split and it will gain even more momentum after the lawsuit!

Obviously ceaser your do not keep up with things. Private schools are not afrais of playin each other the publics that are afraid of playin privates. Now i do see certain built in advantages that prives have . They are flat out better schools point blank than other options they have in Metropolitan areas.

This has become a class struggle and many of the public schools supporters dont seem to realize by the time the split, or the better way, multiplier happens. Their kids or themselves will be out of school and moved on.