Division II AA-Predictions

fiftyfifty

Generally the polls concern me also but points the problem out too, The article pointed out those who voted and Privates are not publicized much except with papers who have them in their area with good coverage. The Memphis area does cover preps a little differently and I would bet thru the State news organizations did not publicize the scores of the game you mentioned and if you look on the CoachT fan pole there usually isn't any more than 4 people who vole for DII and thats the way the volt usually comes out. You are right but there is only about 50 schools involved. Doesn't mean its right and would call your attntion the games are played on the court and means most at the end of the season. I thought more would be said even about AA and A DI polls and there still might be, At least it is a post about girls basketball.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JPII was soundly defeated by Ensworth yesterday at JPII. Ensworth pretty much dominated the entire game. JPII's Bachel was held to six points. If you stop her, you stop JPII. Ensworth is still the team to beat and have proven this in Middle Tennessee. I don't see GPS or Baylor presenting a challenge. The only unknown for me is Briarcrest. Someone from Memphis let us know how strong this years edition is. :thumb:

JPII was soundly defeated by Ensworth yesterday at JPII. Ensworth pretty much dominated the entire game. JPII's Bachel was held to six points. If you stop her, you stop JPII. Ensworth is still the team to beat and have proven this in Middle Tennessee. I don't see GPS or Baylor presenting a challenge. The only unknown for me is Briarcrest. Someone from Memphis let us know how strong this years edition is. :popcorneater:

Were you there? I wouldn't say soundly defeated. They jumped out to a 9-0 lead and it was 6 at half. Also, with 3 minutes to go it was 5 and we had 3 posessions to cut it and didn't. I've seen them 3 times and it was the most aggressive I've seen them. Paige was held by 3 first quarter fouls. Carpenter and Allsmiller were also in foul trouble and were non factors (10 total points). We missed 11 FT's and had 26 turnovers. Their "other" players played better than ours. It may come down to playing them at their place for first. Allsmiller hurt her knee so I hope she's ok. She missed so much time injured last year and she's a senior. We go to GPS Saturday so that will clarify things a little. Good luck to all.

PS- Paige's last name is Baechle. She was first team all state ly and will be again so get it right when you continue with your "stop Bachel" nonsense. Last check was DII-AA PPG leader. :)

JPII was soundly defeated by Ensworth yesterday at JPII. Ensworth pretty much dominated the entire game. JPII's Bachel was held to six points. If you stop her, you stop JPII. Ensworth is still the team to beat and have proven this in Middle Tennessee. I don't see GPS or Baylor presenting a challenge. The only unknown for me is Briarcrest. Someone from Memphis let us know how strong this years edition is. :)

44-37 is not getting beat "soundly". Now, 57-23, the score in which Ensworth beat Ryan, is getting beat "soundly". :):popcorneater::)

JPII was soundly defeated by Ensworth yesterday at JPII. Ensworth pretty much dominated the entire game. JPII's Bachel was held to six points. If you stop her, you stop JPII. Ensworth is still the team to beat and have proven this in Middle Tennessee. I don't see GPS or Baylor presenting a challenge. The only unknown for me is Briarcrest. Someone from Memphis let us know how strong this years edition is. :)

44-37 is not getting beat "soundly". Now, 57-23, the score in which Ensworth beat Ryan, is getting beat "soundly". :):popcorneater::)

But you could not say that about the JPII-Ryan game, you were lucky to win the game. It is very apparent that if you pressure JPII enough on the floor and have good speed, both attributes belonging to Ensworth, its going to be a long night for the Knights. What time is it, not Knight time. :)

Not sure why Briarcrest is the unknown. St Benedict defeated Briarcrest earlier this year AT Briarcrest after being down by 10 middle of the 4th quarter. That is 4 straight over 2 years. Briarcrest is clearly better than SAA and Hutch but not sure how they will match up against East / Middle teams.

:popcorneater:

JPII was soundly defeated by Ensworth yesterday at JPII. Ensworth pretty much dominated the entire game. JPII's Bachel was held to six points. If you stop her, you stop JPII. Ensworth is still the team to beat and have proven this in Middle Tennessee. I don't see GPS or Baylor presenting a challenge. The only unknown for me is Briarcrest. Someone from Memphis let us know how strong this years edition is. :popcorneater:

Were you there? I wouldn't say soundly defeated. They jumped out to a 9-0 lead and it was 6 at half. Also, with 3 minutes to go it was 5 and we had 3 posessions to cut it and didn't. I've seen them 3 times and it was the most aggressive I've seen them. Paige was held by 3 first quarter fouls. Carpenter and Allsmiller were also in foul trouble and were non factors (10 total points). We missed 11 FT's and had 26 turnovers. Their "other" players played better than ours. It may come down to playing them at their place for first. Allsmiller hurt her knee so I hope she's ok. She missed so much time injured last year and she's a senior. We go to GPS Saturday so that will clarify things a little. Good luck to all.

PS- Paige's last name is Baechle. She was first team all state ly and will be again so get it right when you continue with your "stop Bachel" nonsense. Last check was DII-AA PPG leader. :)

Actually, I was there and my statement stands. They led the entire game, never really challenged. If you knew your basketball as you seem to indicate, then what Allsmiller does no longer defines the Tigers, they have several other players, unlike the knights where if you stop Baechel, you stop JPII.