DII/AA Regional Honors

keggfamily

TSSAA named Coach Robin Dieterich Co-Coach of the Year. The organization also named five Father Ryan athletes to the All-Region Girls' Soccer Team: Rachel Mayes, Savannah Kegg, Katherine Montesi, Becca Menke and Katherine Rodriguez. Father Ryan is represented by more than any other school on the 22-member team. Congratulations to Coach Dieterich and his team!

Kegg - please share with the class! I can not find any All-State announcement posting. Do you have the inside track or were you drinking from a Kegg?

Congratulations for your team, but some questions:

LOL..... I actually put a reply together and trashed it knowing someone would pick up on the Kegg comment. I usually am the bad guy for going first. A couple of points, I never knew we had a "Co-Coach" award in any sport and he said "all-region", not all state, but I could not find any post-season announcements. I know the coaches vote and assume they get the results before the rest of the world, but if, in fact, it is as Kegg stated, it would have been nice for the FR coach to share the TOTAL results with his team and school and not just single them out. Last, I thought most announcements were post state and even though this is stated to a "region" title, they still have one or two more games before the celebrating can begin. IMO, not the time to feed egos, just yet.

"LOL..... I actually put a reply together and trashed it knowing someone would pick up on the Kegg comment. I usually am the bad guy for going first. "

Dog, I can't believe I beat you to the punch. Good thoughts on humility. I would, however, like to know how post-season TSSAA honors are awarded.How are nominees selected, who votes, how many are chosen, etc. Is it an actual team (strikers, mid-field, keeper positions defined) or a list fo a per-determined number regardless of position?

Big G can best answer, but locally, the coaches submit names to all the coaches and they vote.

As for BOP, I think they try to spreed the love to schools rather that the "best", ie. you have 4 great players, but you are only allowed 2 from your team to be selected. The lesser school has zero players at your # 3 or #4 player level, but they get one on the BOP team. We do not have anything, but one team, so there's no 2nd or 3rd or 4th (Canes favorite) "ALL ANYTHING" team in the West, that being Memphis/Shelby county.

For All State, there is not a Best of 11, but rather a bunch and what determines the number, again, we need a participate in the process to give the details.

You didn't beat me, I just chose to not get a hornets nest stirred up 48 hours before State. But, I thank you for your picking up on the post. I have been in the rocking chair on the front porch just enjoying the peace and quiet. :popcorneater: Haven't found any swords to jump upon. Maybe this topic will give us a few sparks until we hit the road the Chattanooga.

Best of luck to all those making the trip (locals as well) and safe travels.

The posting that was given was simply information that was given by FR website. If it is inncorrect, as the reporter of this information I appolagize. I am not trying to stir up anamosity between teams or parents, just a proud parent as all of you are! I would like to add that the players of our very talented teams could care less about the comments or squabbles of these forums. We all want the best for our children and it's not that you win a State Championship or not, it's saying I did my best!! We are just proud to be here! This is my last comment on this post. Everybody have a safe trip to Chattanooga and good luck to all!!!