Blue Ridge Preview 2009/2010

CDHSKNIGHTS34

I can't wait for all this snow to clear so we can start playing some hardball. Any updates on games played in the conference? Last I heard, Greeneville whooped up on West Greene in Charleston and that has been a few weeks ago.

If the scoreboard is correct they layed the wood on SG last night. Can we get confirmation?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait for all this snow to clear so we can start playing some hardball. Any updates on games played in the conference? Last I heard, Greeneville whooped up on West Greene in Charleston and that has been a few weeks ago.

If the scoreboard is correct they layed the wood on SG last night. Can we get confirmation?

It's correct. I had to leave after the girls game with two sleepy little boys, but I listened to the radio. Sounds like Greeneville kept Blake under control and took control of the game.

Yes Greeneville is starting look better with a big win over South Greene last night. In other games, Chuckey Doak beat Grainger on a buzzer beater and Claiborne beat West Greene in overtime. It's really looking like it could be any teams conference when it come tournamnet time. Obviously Claiborne is still the front runner and South Greene is tough. Greeneville is peaking and so is the Gap. Chuckey Doak could pull of an upset anytime. Grainger and West Greene seem like they keep losing close games but are in them all. Surelt the luck could turn around before tourney time. I'm excited to see it all play out and to see who will challenge Sullivan East and Erwin for a chance at sub state.

Yes Greeneville is starting look better with a big win over South Greene last night. In other games, Chuckey Doak beat Grainger on a buzzer beater and Claiborne beat West Greene in overtime. It's really looking like it could be any teams conference when it come tournamnet time. Obviously Claiborne is still the front runner and South Greene is tough. Greeneville is peaking and so is the Gap. Chuckey Doak could pull of an upset anytime. Grainger and West Greene seem like they keep losing close games but are in them all. Surelt the luck could turn around before tourney time. I'm excited to see it all play out and to see who will challenge Sullivan East and Erwin for a chance at sub state.

One quick note, It was Cumberland Gap that defeated West Greene Tuesday night and not Claiborne County. Not sure who Claiborne played that night. I went to watch the Devils and Rebels and was both impressed by the intensity and tenacity that GHS played with on the defensive end and disappointed in the Rebels poor shooting and performance on the offensive end. Blake had an "off" night and I definately credit Coach D and the Devil's for shutting him down while also containing the rest of SG's offense. This tournament is going to be great! Anybody can beat anybody on any given night from top to bottom and it is definately going to be fun to watch. Good luck to everyone involved on both the girls and boys side of it! :thumb:

Chuckey Doak pulled one out against South Greene tonight making them 3-0 this week against conference teams. Preston Moore had a real big night to help the Black Knights out.

Chuckey Doak pulled one out against South Greene tonight making them 3-0 this week against conference teams. Preston Moore had a real big night to help the Black Knights out.

The Black Knights are starting to be the team everyone thought they could be this year. Scary time for the rest of the conference for them to be peaking right before tourney time. Greeneville looks like they are on the right track and Claiborne is still solid. Even though South Greene is slipping, if Blake has a good game, they can beat anyone in the conferencce and you still can't count out the Panthers. Sorry Grainger and West Greene, just don't think you have what it takes to win three strait games to get the crown. Good luck tonight when you play for last place.

If chuckey doak beats claiborne there will be a four way tie for second place with greeneville, chuckey doak, cumberland gap, and south greene all at 7-5. How will the seeding in the tournament be determined?

Don't hold me to this but I think the first tie breaker is head to head. If one of these teams has beaten the other twice, then they may get the edge but that will be hard to determine with four teams. I think the second tie breaker would be overall record. Wchich would make it Cumberland Gap #2, South Greene #3, Greeneville # 4 and CD the scariest #5 seed in a long time.

Like I said don't hold me to this.

If chuckey doak beats claiborne there will be a four way tie for second place with greeneville, chuckey doak, cumberland gap, and south greene all at 7-5. How will the seeding in the tournament be determined?

Just read somewhere the first tie breaker is head to head. I know Greeneville and SG split. I know SG and CD split, I know Greeneville swept CD. No clue how the Gap faired. The second tie breaker is a coin toss before the district tournamnet starts.

CD lost to Clabiorne on tuesday by 22 and beat south greene on friday by 4 in a thriller.. looks like CD will play Greeneville first round of the Districts. idk it just looks like its goin to be that way either Greeneville or South Greene. Either match up should be even to me.. with CD hitting thier stride at the right time could give Greeneville some problems.. if they play not scared of the Mighy Devils. they should win.. but if they play like the first two times scared and not play like they can they will lose.. I cant wait till thursday!!! should be very fun Districts this year at Hal Henard!!! CD plays Clabirone at home monday and finsh the season tuesday aginst Cloudland.... Good luck to rest of the teams!!! See you on thursday!!

CD lost to Clabiorne on tuesday by 22 and beat south greene on friday by 4 in a thriller.. looks like CD will play Greeneville first round of the Districts. idk it just looks like its goin to be that way either Greeneville or South Greene. Either match up should be even to me.. with CD hitting thier stride at the right time could give Greeneville some problems.. if they play not scared of the Mighy Devils. they should win.. but if they play like the first two times scared and not play like they can they will lose.. I cant wait till thursday!!! should be very fun Districts this year at Hal Henard!!! CD plays Clabirone at home monday and finsh the season tuesday aginst Cloudland.... Good luck to rest of the teams!!! See you on thursday!!

Greeneville is also hitting their stride.....William Carmichael has proven to be the spark we were hoping for. They looked really good against Cocke County and have won their last 4 straight. Hopson has finally developed some presence underneath and Wes has provided some much needed leadership. Looks like its gonna be an interesting tourney. Have we schedule changes yet to report?