Blue Ridge Preview 2009/2010

CDHSKNIGHTS34

Simmer down now. Claiborne has the bragging rights for now. But myself, like barb, stilll believes this is Greeneville's conference to lose. Your opinion, Bobcat, may not be a very good one about the football boys being able to help. It might take some time to get into basketball shape. It's a different game when you play, stop then rest. Not to mention if you only play one side of the ball. You could be off the field for ten minutes at a time. Now basketball is a transition sport and you have to be in a different kind of shape and after one practice I don't assume they'd be fully ready. Not to mention the time it can take to get your shot back under your feet. Claiborne's football boys had four extra weeks of practice. Only time will tell, but I think you're on the wrong end of this argument Bobcat.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard mention on the radio coverage from CD that CD and Greeneville had players that had to sit out until January....I know the one from Cd is a transfer.what can you tell me about the Greeneville player? Is he a transfer?

I caught that on WGRV too, thought I heard something about Cocke County, but not sure. Didn't hear name.

yes greeneville has a transfer pg who is ineligible for now, but Im not sure what his name is.

William Carmichael is the transfer to Greeneville but we're not 100% sure about his eligiblity for this season. He is a Junior who played at Cocke Co. last season and began this year at a school in NC.

yes greeneville has a transfer pg who is ineligible for now, but Im not sure what his name is.

William Carmichael is the transfer to Greeneville but we're not 100% sure about his eligiblity for this season. He is a Junior who played at Cocke Co. last season and began this year at a school in NC.

WGRV said he would be eligible in January

Yeah its pretty clear that west greenes better than what greenevilles boys thought. I do think that it will be a very different story the next time the two teams meet because the football guys should be back in the swing of things. But a win is a win no matter how you look at it and west greene played the better game. Greenevilles press offense doesnt make any sense to me. They keep everyone behind the half line and expect there to be openings. Theres no doubt Bill Duncan knows basketball and I expect him to change the way his team handles the press in the coming weeks. From the stands it looks like the players are so afraid to mess up and get their butts chewed that they dont ever push the ball, drive to the goal, or take a shot unless there is a mile between the next defender. Its apparent that the everhart kid has the green light to shoot from anywhere. But he might just be the only one....This team is very talented and I expect them to recover and make alot of noise in the blue ridge.

Yeah its pretty clear that west greenes better than what greenevilles boys thought. I do think that it will be a very different story the next time the two teams meet because the football guys should be back in the swing of things. But a win is a win no matter how you look at it and west greene played the better game. Greenevilles press offense doesnt make any sense to me. They keep everyone behind the half line and expect there to be openings. Theres no doubt Bill Duncan knows basketball and I expect him to change the way his team handles the press in the coming weeks. From the stands it looks like the players are so afraid to mess up and get their butts chewed that they dont ever push the ball, drive to the goal, or take a shot unless there is a mile between the next defender. Its apparent that the everhart kid has the green light to shoot from anywhere. But he might just be the only one....This team is very talented and I expect them to recover and make alot of noise in the blue ridge.

Greeneville was very weak @ PG. Hopson was not getting the ball inside where he could do the most damage....there were times he was all alone underneath yelling Ball!!! and they would dish it to Everhart. I hope this transfer is a quality PG or it could be a long season.

Greeneville was very weak @ PG. Hopson was not getting the ball inside where he could do the most damage....there were times he was all alone underneath yelling Ball!!! and they would dish it to Everhart. I hope this transfer is a quality PG or it could be a long season.

Barb,I watched the Charmichael kid play in the jv game Friday. He is quick and not a bad ball handler but he is sometimes out of control. He has a pretty good mid range jumper but that is about it. He has trouble taking it to the hole and geting the easy short shot. He is defintely not going to beat anyone with an outside shot. I see him neing a decent role player at best, not a standout.

Congrats has to go out to West Greene. They palyed great and it's good to see them get a quality win. They have had some heartbreakers this year and could easily be 7-2 or 6-3. Maybe this will get them going. Not to take anything away from the Buffs, but I think this may be the worst Greeneville team in the Bill Duncan era. I'm beginning to be a beliver, Bobcat, this conference may be open for the taking. I still think it's the Devils to lose if they want it, but only because of their coach, not their players. Duncan will figure something out to get them to the top, if not he will go find a player from North Carolina or a neighboring county or something.

Juggernaught, did this Charmichael kid have a brother that went to Cocke Co. around 2000-2002 or so? If it's the same family he might be a heck of an athlete. If I remember correctly, that was all Cocke Co. had at that time.

I'm honestly not sure. He is really athletic but not really a star basketball player. He's learning the offence currently with the JV squad. but he'll definitely help out either starting or giving Taylor a breather when he gets tired. Shout out to Ryan Roberts of West Greene. The former 6th man for the GHS JV played very well against Greeneville Friday and as bummed as I was to see us lose, I was glad to see the "Birdman" play his heart out and come out with a huge win.