True Physical Women's Soccer

CHAMPDDS

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no excuse for what was permitted by the officials. I understand that they can't see everything, but there were multiple incidents throughout the game that needed to be addressed. Also the players need to be held accountable, just as in the Florida Brandon Spikes 'eye poke' incident. Too many sports have become more physical as an excuse for less skill. Basketball is another example. The unforunate fall-out from this is that younger players, including high schoolers, are going to see this and accept it as a way to play unless the coaches and administrators show that 'crime' doesn't pay.

So.....

Do you really think this is the first time this player played like this?

How can professional cameraman who likely never cover a soccer match pick this up (imagine what we didn't see) and four paid officials didin't?

The New Mexico coach kept her in the game.

First, yep. She should be removed from the sport.

Second, the official should have their license revoked, permanently. They failed at their job, miserably. They also should receive some type of monetary penalty.

Finally, the coach should be fired. He saw it and did nothing. I would doubt seriously if this is the first time this player used such antics.

Once again, what didn't we see that took place on that field.

All of you are correct, a nasty hair pull is pretty bad BUT not limited to college. In fact, it happened in our own backyard this season the girls high school season, and NO ONE discussed it on this board. The referee gave the red card and the restart West scored the game winning goal. Here is the play, around 91:55 of the tape, real late in the Powell West Region Semi

http://knoxivi.com/wesths.html

You have to find the West Powell game from the menu.

So.....

Do you really think this is the first time this player played like this?

<>

How can professional cameraman who likely never cover a soccer match pick this up (imagine what we didn't see) and four paid officials didin't?

<>

The New Mexico coach kept her in the game.

<>

First, yep. She should be removed from the sport.

<>

Second, the official should have their license revoked, permanently. They failed at their job, miserably. They also should receive some type of monetary penalty.

<>

Finally, the coach should be fired. He saw it and did nothing. I would doubt seriously if this is the first time this player used such antics.

<>>

Once again, what didn't we see that took place on that field.

<>

I believe the Mountain West Conference agrees with the sanctions and no further action is needed. Its funny but this is the last game of this season. I am sure they will have Miss Lambert miss a few games next year, but don't count on any of the draconian suggestions mentioned.

Look, no one is condoning what was viewed and not taken care of. However like I said, hairpulling and rough play is unsporting. Go play rugby.

It's exactly that acceptance of such behavior that has been the downfall of all athletics today. This young lady needs some help, some counseling and to put this away.

BYU film? Cut me a break, I watch college soccer and consider taking benadryl because I feel like I am on the high seas with the amateur photography. They likely missed more than half of what she was doing in this game.

The refs? Perhaps I am confused, what is their purpose and why are there 3 (actually 4) of them. Most of these fouls were in the location of the ball. Several of those were hard red. And she walked away from the match with 1 yellow for tripping. I hope you never ref a game I am part of. And the excuse because they got to that level they should be excused? We don't need those type of officials in any sport.

The coach? The Coach is accountable to the same sportsmanship standards as the player. If the coach is allowing it and kept her in the game, The coach is every bit responsible. You notice the coach didn't take her out of the game did you? I seemed to have missed his post interview.

High School athletics, college athletics and professional athletics have taken a major downfall in recent years with steroids, drugs, alcohol, rape, murder, gambling, cheating, spying...pretty sick isn't it? If you feel comfortable with behavior of this type in a girls collegiate soccer match AND the fact that the same player was doing it repeatedly in the same game and not receiving any type of foul or card...then you my friend are the cause of a lot of these problems we have today. I have said this before and I will share it again. THis is another example of the Americanization of the World's Game.

no one accepted this behavior. I was just pointing out the absurdity of your rants for the scorched earth policy. The main point is that when winning at all costs becomes the focus of all endeavors, then people will to whatever to win at all costs. Sports is not the exception. Works in business, wars, government, grade school. You want accountability, look within and question society as a whole. Sometimes fans perpetuate the lynch mob mentality. You need not go to South America , or Boston MA to see the result of parents and fans killing each other in the name of youth sports. You have seen me call games at the highest level. I dont have a problem with the fans. I tune them out. Players love the games I call because I am invisible and give them the chance to show their skills, pushing to the ragged edge. I try to see everything but that is not possible. This is not a zero defects endeavor. I dont see any value added by calling for the head of all here either. The league made their call. Move on, nothing to see here...