Lipscomb @ Giles Official Thread prediction

likearock

I personally don't think who they have played will make much of a difference, because usually when it comes to a rivaly game records, stats and everything else can be thrown out the window. But I keep hearing about Lipscomb playing teams with better records than Giles has, so here is Giles and Lipscombs schedules. As far as the records of teams played doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference.

Giles

Lawrence Co. 8-2 W 34- 7

Springhill 8-2 W 42-21

Cookeville 7-3 L 24-25

Page 6-4 W 16- 8

Fairview 6-4 W 54-21

Shelbyville 5-5 W 51- 3

Hickman 4-6 W 56- 0

Lewis 4-6 W 22- 0

E. Hickman 3-7 W 42- 0

Marshall 1-9 W 49- 7

Chester Co 5-5 W 45-20

PF411-PA112

Lipscomb

Goodpasture 8-2 L 7-35

John Overton 7-3 L 12-17

Whites Creek 7-3 W 41-14

Greenbrier 6-4 W 28- 0

Maplewood 6-4 L 13-23

Page 6-4 W 39-26

Pearl Cohn 5-5 W 13- 7

East Lit. 5-5 W 17-13

CPA 3-7 W 13-10

Stratford 0-10 W 49-13

Jackson SS 7-3 W 17-13

PF249-PA171

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally don't think who they have played will make much of a difference, because usually when it comes to a rivaly game records, stats and everything else can be thrown out the window. But I keep hearing about Lipscomb playing teams with better records than Giles has, so here is Giles and Lipscombs schedules. As far as the records of teams played doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference.

Giles

Lawrence Co. 8-2 W 34- 7

Springhill 8-2 W 42-21

Cookeville 7-3 L 24-25

Page 6-4 W 16- 8

Fairview 6-4 W 54-21

Shelbyville 5-5 W 51- 3

Hickman 4-6 W 56- 0

Lewis 4-6 W 22- 0

E. Hickman 3-7 W 42- 0

Marshall 1-9 W 49- 7

Chester Co 5-5 W 45-20

PF411-PA112

Lipscomb

Goodpasture 8-2 L 7-35

John Overton 7-3 L 12-17

Whites Creek 7-3 W 41-14

Greenbrier 6-4 W 28- 0

Maplewood 6-4 L 13-23

Page 6-4 W 39-26

Pearl Cohn 5-5 W 13- 7

East Lit. 5-5 W 17-13

CPA 3-7 W 13-10

Stratford 0-10 W 49-13

Jackson SS 7-3 W 17-13

PF249-PA171

I do like the PF and PA numbers for each. They may be the most telling numbers of all you listed.

Even yourself as one who followers Giles subscribes to the big bad wolf syndrome. EVERYBODY else plays tougher schedules, has more of this and that, their players possess superior talent, ect. Poor little old Giles. I absolutely love the fact that we don't have a chance. Please overlook us as we are weak and have played nobody all season. B) We hear ya Mikey :?:

Man I am rolling :lol:

Everyone and anyone who has any idea of Tn hs football that is not a GC fan and 95%

of them I have spoken with will tell you that outside of Cookville,Page,& a SH team that quit

Giles has played no one.Now this is not to discredit the Bobcats................its just a fact....

forced on GC by the new district.While lawrence County is much improved,at the time,they

would have had a hard time playing Marshall county..................Maybe that was a bit much.

You can love your team,its ok to be biased,but if you really look at it for what it is you

must agree.

Will the schedule hurt GC? maybe,maybe not.Giles is a very good team that can play with anyone

in 4a,BUT up till now have not had the chance to play the elite teams.Now they have the oportunity

to do so.Now its proving time.This game could go either way.I see it being 21-24 something in that area.

Lets be the one with the 24 Cats. :?:

Wise ole man I think you need to stop picking on d62's son mikey. If you notice these are the only two fans that dont really get behind the BOBCATS. They kinda do but they dont really. There was a third one but CoachT took care of him. Its like they hope THE TEAM loses so they can say I told you so. I am along for the ride I dont care how far it goes, hopefully back to Cookeville.

Giles

Lawrence Co. 8-2 W 34- 7

Springhill 8-2 W 42-21

Cookeville 7-3 L 24-25

Page 6-4 W 16- 8

Fairview 6-4 W 54-21

Shelbyville 5-5 W 51- 3

Hickman 4-6 W 56- 0

Lewis 4-6 W 22- 0

E. Hickman 3-7 W 42- 0

Marshall 1-9 W 49- 7

Chester Co 5-5 W 45-20

PF411-PA112

Lipscomb

Goodpasture 8-2 L 7-35

John Overton 7-3 L 12-17

Whites Creek 7-3 W 41-14

Greenbrier 6-4 W 28- 0

Maplewood 6-4 L 13-23

Page 6-4 W 39-26

Pearl Cohn 5-5 W 13- 7

East Lit. 5-5 W 17-13

CPA 3-7 W 13-10

Stratford 0-10 W 49-13

Jackson SS 7-3 W 17-13

PF249-PA171

That was a good summary. I liked that. The points for and against are very different. I don't think that the records reflect the toughness of the schedule however. Look at the SEC for instance, alot of those teams don't have great records because they all beat up on each other. But when they play teams from other confrences they usually win and win pretty good even if the other team has a much better record. I hope i'm wrong but I think Lipscomb has played a tougher schedule.

Wise ole man I think you need to stop picking on d62's son mikey. If you notice these are the only two fans that dont really get behind the BOBCATS. They kinda do but they dont really. There was a third one but CoachT took care of him. Its like they hope THE TEAM loses so they can say I told you so. I am along for the ride I dont care how far it goes, hopefully back to Cookeville.

Thanks for the backup bobcat112009, make all of these bullies stop picking on me :roflol:

I'm behind the Bobcats, I just see things as they really are because i'm not a biased fan. Being biased and loyal are two different things. It's hard to see the truth if you are closeminded and biased. I hope they make it back to Cookeville as well.

Giles

Lawrence Co. 8-2 W 34- 7

Springhill 8-2 W 42-21

Cookeville 7-3 L 24-25

Page 6-4 W 16- 8

Fairview 6-4 W 54-21

Shelbyville 5-5 W 51- 3

Hickman 4-6 W 56- 0

Lewis 4-6 W 22- 0

E. Hickman 3-7 W 42- 0

Marshall 1-9 W 49- 7

Chester Co 5-5 W 45-20

PF411-PA112

Lipscomb

Goodpasture 8-2 L 7-35

John Overton 7-3 L 12-17

Whites Creek 7-3 W 41-14

Greenbrier 6-4 W 28- 0

Maplewood 6-4 L 13-23

Page 6-4 W 39-26

Pearl Cohn 5-5 W 13- 7

East Lit. 5-5 W 17-13

CPA 3-7 W 13-10

Stratford 0-10 W 49-13

Jackson SS 7-3 W 17-13

PF249-PA171

Let me first say that I believe giles has a great team this season, and is working towards building a great program. i think it's plain to see that they have benefitted from the close losses to Lipscomb over the last few seasons.

No matter which team wins this game, they will have cleared a huge hurdle. For Giles, they would finally have the monkey of not being able to beat Lipscomb off their backs. For Lipscomb, they will have defeated a former region rival, and a team that many thought had a great shot at making it to Cookeville in the preseason. I haven't had a chance to see Lipscomb play yet this season, so I'm thinking about making the drive down on friday night. I know it will be a good one.

As far as the district goes, neither team had any say in which one they ended up in. I don't think the talent Giles played in their district was poor, but I do believe Lipscomb was tested much more often by better talent. I look at it like this... If you took Giles out of their district and dropped Lipscomb, Maplewood, Whites Creek, or Pearl Cohn in, I believe any of them would win. With the exception of Giles, and possibly Spring Hill, I don't see anyone else having a chance in Lipscomb's district.

Will any of this nonsense make a difference Friday night? Maybe. Maybe not.I'm pretty sure about one thing though, and that's that this will be one of the best games in the state Friday night. Hope to see all of you there.

Have a little respect for ole wise one,you are too young to tell him what to do.

Mikey could be my son, I spit em out like sunflower seed.Dont get paronoid there 11.I dont think I have any as young as you.

I love me some Bobcat football.Dont like the new district.I do like the playoff bracket though.

Giles-Lipscomb-Page..........Cant we all just get along?...........Good luck to you and the Bobcats.

Let me first say that I believe giles has a great team this season, and is working towards building a great program. i think it's plain to see that they have benefitted from the close losses to Lipscomb over the last few seasons.

No matter which team wins this game, they will have cleared a huge hurdle. For Giles, they would finally have the monkey of not being able to beat Lipscomb off their backs. For Lipscomb, they will have defeated a former region rival, and a team that many thought had a great shot at making it to Cookeville in the preseason. I haven't had a chance to see Lipscomb play yet this season, so I'm thinking about making the drive down on friday night. I know it will be a good one.

As far as the district goes, neither team had any say in which one they ended up in. I don't think the talent Giles played in their district was poor, but I do believe Lipscomb was tested much more often by better talent. I look at it like this... If you took Giles out of their district and dropped Lipscomb, Maplewood, Whites Creek, or Pearl Cohn in, I believe any of them would win. With the exception of Giles, and possibly Spring Hill, I don't see anyone else having a chance in Lipscomb's district.

Will any of this nonsense make a difference Friday night? Maybe. Maybe not.I'm pretty sure about one thing though, and that's that this will be one of the best games in the state Friday night. Hope to see all of you there.

You said it all.Great post.

What are you talking about..."nonsense"...this is high quality stuff your getting here. Long time fans of both programs giving history and prognostications.

And can you believe it, MIKEY IS A SELF PROCLAIMED CLAIRVOYANT!!!!! :shock:

:thumb: I can see things kinda clear

:roflol: This is a lil clearer

:thumb: Thats perfect, I can see things clearer now.....my daddy said clearer than anybody else...cuz I see it just like he does! :thumb:

Giles

Lawrence Co. 8-2 W 34- 7

Springhill 8-2 W 42-21

Cookeville 7-3 L 24-25

Page 6-4 W 16- 8

Fairview 6-4 W 54-21

Shelbyville 5-5 W 51- 3

Hickman 4-6 W 56- 0

Lewis 4-6 W 22- 0

E. Hickman 3-7 W 42- 0

Marshall 1-9 W 49- 7

Chester Co 5-5 W 45-20

PF411-PA112

Lipscomb

Goodpasture 8-2 L 7-35

John Overton 7-3 L 12-17

Whites Creek 7-3 W 41-14

Greenbrier 6-4 W 28- 0

Maplewood 6-4 L 13-23

Page 6-4 W 39-26

Pearl Cohn 5-5 W 13- 7

East Lit. 5-5 W 17-13

CPA 3-7 W 13-10

Stratford 0-10 W 49-13

Jackson SS 7-3 W 17-13

PF249-PA171

I agree with everything you just said. See I told all of you I wasn't the only one that felt this way. :roflol: The winner of this game should make it to state.