Lipscomb @ Giles Official Thread prediction

likearock

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread any so many ways is comical. Obviously I am a Lipscomb fan but do want to contribute the following. First of all Mitchell earned the win against DL last year. Yes the interference call was bad but DL had numerous chances to seal the deal and for whatever reason did not. .

I'm a Lipscomb fan too, and not to get off topic, but I thought it was a good call, and I had a pretty good view of it. Maybe a situation where you pocket that flag as it wasn't a COMPLETLY obvious interference, but oh well..... If he didn't interfere, mitchell picks the pass and the game is over anyway....

Just a few official forcast numbers:

Earl Nall favors Giles Co. by 6.3

Ken Massey favors Giles by 10

Sonny Moore favors Giles by 6.24

So somebody tell me why they are all wrong, and Please lay off the strength of schedule...they ALL take that into consideration.

:shock: This really is good popcorn!

That's great. We've been underdogs before, and don't expect it to change yet. Please publish the link(s) to these predictions, as I haven't been able to find them online.

-snd

Go to murphyfair.com and access the links on the middle right of the page. Or earlnall.com masseyratings.com you can play the game there and even compare teams from years past. Thats how I came up with the points differential there, Murphy only lists his final regular season poll.

I'm sure fans all over the mid-state area are trying to simulate or predict this game in the best way possible. Your virtual method may be worth noting, however my family has tried another method using a live species. We used lab rats. We named the one representing GC "Bo" for your top player and we named the one respresentiong DL "Bill" short for William as two of our top players are named William (Officer and Stevens). We carefully and meticulously created a miniaturized version of the new GC "brickyard" stadium in the back yard. (It even has a little Hickory House beside the stadium. I promise you can almost smell the good food and hear the crowd.) Anyway, the lab rats were fitted with the best miniature helmets and pads and team colors. We decided to use a football made of cheese. Bo and Bill were then highly motivated, but still at times a bit distracted by the "cheese" and discussion about a great "cheese" associated with winning 3 more games after this game and winning something called a Class 4A State Championship. (They were told the State Championship meant a lifetime of unlimited cheese for them)

Anyway, the game was great and was a back-and-forth battle the whole way. Eventually, DL won 28 to 17. Anyway, when crossing the field to "shake paws" after the game, Bo ran off and tore down the Hickory House looking for the where the great smells were coming from and didn't shake Bill's extended paw. Anyway Bill gave a nice post-game interview and said he would carry the football (aka "game cheese") back to the school to leave in the football fieldhouse. He said the "game cheese" must be won one game at a time and should be looked at and smelled before and after every practice. It should be a reminder of the big cheese called a State Championship and that it must be achieved one game at a time.

I'm telling you, me and my family were in tears at Bill's words. It was inspirational.

-snd

The Gambler made some good points on his post that also applies to Giles. In the past Giles probably had 1 or 2 at the most "impact" players. Starting midway through last season and progressing every since different players have become "impact" players. So true of a ancient legend is a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. You would be hard pressed to identify a weak link on Giles team. You will see at least 29 different players on the field at random times working out of different formations & positions. I would hang my hat on ANY one of them. The "big" plays fans refer to will come from the unheralded players. Three years ago the attitude seemed to be one of intimidation looking at DL on the opposing sideline. Questions were in players minds about match-ups and the raw ability to just match up. I have watched their skill levels expand but more importantly I have seen their belief in each other reach extremely high levels. They know without a doubt that as a team they are hard to beat. As I stated earlier on a post, if Giles is fortunate enough to make it to Cookeville, then beating DL needed to be a part of the process. I had a CC coach and fan tell me after the game Friday night no one "hit" them like Giles did. Giles believes. No doubt about it.

Now before anyone takes the above rambling of a cranky old man wrong, let me clarify some points.

Giles respects DL and all they stand for.

Giles understands that DL will be ready to go and has no fear of them due to the fact we have NEVER beat them.

It will be a 4 quarter game, maybe more.

But the satisfaction comes from knowing when DL looks across the field they also know a very tough and well disciplined teams awaits them.

Giles by 13 on the 13th with help from the 12th & 13th man in da stands! :shock:

Kudos to everyone in keeping this thread active and positive! That may be the most amazing play of the week!!!! :shock:

Wow, I never thought this day would actually come. David Lipscomb vs Giles County at Giles County. IF you're a follower of 3A football in the state and those words alone aren't enough to get you excited, then you don't have a pulse.

This game has all the making to be LEGENDARY. David Lipscomb is by FAR the biggest game of the season for the Bobcats, forget homecoming and the prestigous Cowbell, that's great, but there's only one team on a Bobcat's mind in the fall, David Lipscomb. The last 2 meeting have been close and could have gone either way, and now Giles County gets to face off against the mustangs at the Brick Yard, whose name I should have cashed in at the time given it's popularity now.

I would pay GOOD money to see this game in the rain sleet snow or whatever but unfortunately I can not. Giles County needs to do a few things to win this ballgame:

1. Forget the hype, stay focused.

The Lipscomb players put their pants on the same way the cats do, one leg at a time, don't let the hype around this game get to you. Just go out there to practices focused and don't let distractions take their toll.

2. Do what works.

OC knows whats working for his guys and what's not, he'll have them prepared the best way he knows how and then it's up to the players.

3.Use the crowd to your advantage.

When I was in school back in '08 even then students got more excited for the Lipscomb game than any of the others, and these GCHS students need to bring the house down with mass attendance. Having the oppurtunity to play a team like the mustangs at home in the playoffs doesn't happen everyday, take advantage of it.

4. In the words of a wiser man than I, "Don't think, it can only hurt the ball club."

These guys have been doing this for 4 years and there's not going to be a totally new system in place for this week, just stick with what you do best and play you're game, don't try to out finesse Lipscomb. GC needs to go out and do the same thing they do every week, play hard, play tough, and execute and they should fare well.

5. MAKE A STATEMENT AND MAKE IT SOON

The first 5 minutes of any game is where the mental edge is set, it's the team who's going to come out and hit the other one in the mouth on the first play and the next and the next that's going to win this game. You have to come out of the gate with the mentality that you're not going to be pushed around by these guys first and foremost

6. In the words of "The Bossman" Coach Sorrells, "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best."

If Giles County wins this game there should be no question on their status as a power house, no question. They have to seal this win (and go even further) before they'll be taken 100% seriously by the rest of the state.

Make no mistake Lispcomb will be ready, they always are, they're going to make plays and may even win some battles, the key for the Bobcats will be what OC preaches, how do you handle adversity? When the calls aren't goin your way or they make a big play, how will you respond?

Go Cats, beat Lipscomb, win it all. Tobias Houston, I'd still knock you out in a pair of flip flops haha.

Wow, I never thought this day would actually come. David Lipscomb vs Giles County at Giles County. IF you're a follower of 3A football in the state and those words alone aren't enough to get you excited, then you don't have a pulse.

This game has all the making to be LEGENDARY. David Lipscomb is by FAR the biggest game of the season for the Bobcats, forget homecoming and the prestigous Cowbell, that's great, but there's only one team on a Bobcat's mind in the fall, David Lipscomb. The last 2 meeting have been close and could have gone either way, and now Giles County gets to face off against the mustangs at the Brick Yard, whose name I should have cashed in at the time given it's popularity now.

I would pay GOOD money to see this game in the rain sleet snow or whatever but unfortunately I can not. Giles County needs to do a few things to win this ballgame:

1. Forget the hype, stay focused.

The Lipscomb players put their pants on the same way the cats do, one leg at a time, don't let the hype around this game get to you. Just go out there to practices focused and don't let distractions take their toll.

2. Do what works.

OC knows whats working for his guys and what's not, he'll have them prepared the best way he knows how and then it's up to the players.

3.Use the crowd to your advantage.

When I was in school back in '08 even then students got more excited for the Lipscomb game than any of the others, and these GCHS students need to bring the house down with mass attendance. Having the oppurtunity to play a team like the mustangs at home in the playoffs doesn't happen everyday, take advantage of it.

4. In the words of a wiser man than I, "Don't think, it can only hurt the ball club."

These guys have been doing this for 4 years and there's not going to be a totally new system in place for this week, just stick with what you do best and play you're game, don't try to out finesse Lipscomb. GC needs to go out and do the same thing they do every week, play hard, play tough, and execute and they should fare well.

5. MAKE A STATEMENT AND MAKE IT SOON

The first 5 minutes of any game is where the mental edge is set, it's the team who's going to come out and hit the other one in the mouth on the first play and the next and the next that's going to win this game. You have to come out of the gate with the mentality that you're not going to be pushed around by these guys first and foremost

6. In the words of "The Bossman" Coach Sorrells, "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best."

If Giles County wins this game there should be no question on their status as a power house, no question. They have to seal this win (and go even further) before they'll be taken 100% seriously by the rest of the state.

Make no mistake Lispcomb will be ready, they always are, they're going to make plays and may even win some battles, the key for the Bobcats will be what OC preaches, how do you handle adversity? When the calls aren't goin your way or they make a big play, how will you respond?

Go Cats, beat Lipscomb, win it all. Tobias Houston, I'd still knock you out in a pair of flip flops haha.

Agree with everything you said, especially the Sorrells quote. One correction though, it's 4A now. :roflol: