SBEC Head Coaching Position

Ace5

Now if the AD doesn't get the job how would the working relationship be with the new coach if he decided to stay?? Potential problem or not.

The current AD has been an assistant under Veazey and I don't think he had an inordinate amount of say in running the program. I suspect that would stay the same. I don't think he trys to "run" any of the sports from his spot. A good strong HC likely still runs his show, in my opinion.

...though my opinion, admittedly, is worth pretty much nothing. :popcorneater:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From today's Commercial Appeal:

National Signing Day made Southern Baptist Educational Center a hopping place Wednesday.

Not only did Ryan DuBois and Jeremy Carson sign football scholarships at Northwest Mississippi Community College in Senatobia, and Chris Casto did the same for baseball, but the Trojans introduced their new football coach.

David Carter, who formerly worked at Evangelical Christian School and Lambuth University, was brought in to replace Butch Veazey.

According to SBEC athletic director Brad Kimberlin, the extensive coaching search took three months. A list of 60-plus total applicants was whittled down to 20 solid ones.

“He’s exactly what we need,” Kimberlin said. “We’re really continuing to move our program in the right direction. It’s going to be good.”

Carter spent seven years as an assistant at ECS. During that time, the Eagles won three football titles. He also coached soccer at the Cordova school.

Carter spent the 2008 season at Lambuth under Hugh Freeze.