Great Weekend for Memphis Elite Alumni

Great weekend for college freshman with Memphis Elite roots: Sarah Watkins gets 20 in 21 min for Arkansas; Chi Chi Okwumabua starts for Arkansas-Pine Bluff; Megan Miles of Oglethorpe wins the 3-point competition at their jamboree in the Womens' AND Men's divisions; Kaitlin Murphy averages 11 points for Furman; and Jasmine James leads 21-ranked Georgia to an upset over 13-ranked Oklahoma with 15 points. These girls were coached by Memphis Elite coaches Brian Miles, Wayne Kelley, Andre Pruitt, and Greg James. Shows you what quality coaching early on can do. B)B):D

Now, now, Dragonmaster, I limited my remarks to only the AAU coaches because I was trying to stay on topic (traveling teams) and that was the common theme for all those girls. They all played for the same AAU coaches and I thought that was noteworthy. Most of them played for those coaches back when they were 9 and 10 years old to high school. So I've know them and I'm very familiar with their coaching. Plus, I don't have any personal experience with most of the high school coaches of the other girls, but I will give credit to Coach Durham and Coach Condra of White Station High School for their help in developing my daughter during those years. Kaitlin has certainly told me that they helped her expand her game on offense and defense and prepared her for college play AND college expectations which is probably just as important.

No dis intended. By the way, good luck this season. I can pull for Collierville now that WS is no longer in the district. : )