Rhea County...

BackValleyRally

Yeah there was alot of flags on both teams, but that didn't surprise me too much since it was the first game. I went and watched CAK play the night before us and in that game there was almost 275 yards in fouls. I think we had the same crew that was at the CAK game.

Since you brought it up. The school administration has dropped freshmen football weight lifting this year; because they want our freshmen to focus more on academics. I couldn't believe it when Fitz to me this last week. Yes academics are important but without weight lifting the freshmen are going to be even smaller and more prone to get injured.

Also I asked a friend of mine who is an administrator why we couldn't get some repairs to the stadium, and he simply answer we have no money to make repairs at this time. Which is sad to hear.

Would it kill the coaches to stay till 4:30? Half in the weight room with the freshman and half outside with the varsity.

8-4:30 isn't too bad of a haul. Especially considering only a few have real teaching jobs.

Edited by EaglePride1

Would it kill the coaches to stay till 4:30? Half in the weight room with the freshman and half outside with the varsity.

8-4:30 isn't too bad of a haul. Especially considering only a few have real teaching jobs.

Yeap I think that is what they are going to have to do or something like that. I mean they are ready stay til then when the 8th graders come up in the winter/spring so I don't think it would be too much trouble.

Also look for Dimitrius "Meche" Patterson and Jon Jon Jenkins to get more playing time starting this week. Cooley has earned the starting job at left tackle. From watching film today down there with the coaches; Wilson Central is a option style team and will maybe throw it 6 or 7 times a game and that is it. They run the same defense as us. They have a great kicker, so don't look for too many kick-off returns this friday. Wilson Central has a lot of athletes but I think we can play with them like we did last year.

I'll break them down even more here in a few days.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Yeap I think that is what they are going to have to do or something like that. I mean they are ready stay til then when the 8th graders come up in the winter/spring so I don't think it would be too much trouble.

Also look for Dimitrius "Meche" Patterson and Jon Jon Jenkins to get more playing time starting this week. Cooley has earned the starting job at left tackle. From watching film today down there with the coaches; Wilson Central is a option style team and will maybe throw it 6 or 7 times a game and that is it. They run the same defense as us. They have a great kicker, so don't look for too many kick-off returns this friday. Wilson Central has a lot of athletes but I think we can play with them like we did last year.

I'll break them down even more here in a few days.

:thumb:

Yeah there was alot of flags on both teams, but that didn't surprise me too much since it was the first game. I went and watched CAK play the night before us and in that game there was almost 275 yards in fouls. I think we had the same crew that was at the CAK game.

Since you brought it up. The school administration has dropped freshmen football weight lifting this year; because they want our freshmen to focus more on academics. I couldn't believe it when Fitz to me this last week. Yes academics are important but without weight lifting the freshmen are going to be even smaller and more prone to get injured.

Also I asked a friend of mine who is an administrator why we couldn't get some repairs to the stadium, and he simply answer we have no money to make repairs at this time. Which is sad to hear.

This is what really burns me up. The administration has no money for repairs but by gosh they have all kinds when they want a new school. How in the world can they even want that when they can't take care af what they got.

That is fine academics should be priority. But we still need a weight program that is ran by someone other than the coach's.

Rhea County

Thanks for the updates.

I am shaking my head on the Freshman weight lifting program. I guess it does not surprise me though especially since there is not much effort put into the varsity program. Somebody better wake up.

As far as not having money to do a little painting give me a break. I was up there helping out with some paining several years ago and most of the paint was donated and the rest was picked up by the booster club. That comment was just a lazy excuse for I really do not care if it is done or not so I will just blame it on money.

You see guys this is how I feel do not tell our young men to give it their best when their leadership is not willing to do the same. They can see right through that. They know! Whether it be effort in practice, working out, community support or mowing. Give it your best and do it right. Since some of you like to make cracks about field maintenance whether you like it or not the coaching staff has always been responsible for field maintenance. I can remember Horton looking at Hammontree and saying "got the field ready coach". Why would any coach not want their field in tip top shape. It's called Lazy. I actually heard a few years ago that the floor in the visitors press box had fallen through and visiting schools could not use it. I was also told that several years ago that one of the booster clubs had to go in the bathrooms with pressure washers before the season to clean them they were so nasty. That is just the beginning before we know it our stadium will look like Brainerd. Bill Horton field is one of the best in East Tennessee and there is no excuse for it not to be maintained. The Best! It is called giving it your all and pride. Makes me sick.

Ok I have said my peace. It's all about football here on out.

Boys I know you read Coach T. Pick your heads up, have a great week of practice and bring home the big W this Friday.

It is like I said before. We need a weight program and the coach's should not be the one's to run it. And yes sir boy's keep your heads up. We still got work to do and I for one believe in you guys.

hows the eagles looking in 2010 im from warren co. coming to dayton last game of yr.

Well we looked OK against a great Knox Catholic team. We got some improving to do that is for sure but we got a lot of potential. I also did a write up a few pages back on this topic. Some things have changed since I posted that but it will give you a good idea. See yall at the end of the season.

Edited by Rhea Co.

Well we looked OK against a great Knox Catholic team. We got some improving to do that is for sure but we got a lot of potential. I also did a write up a few pages back on this topic. Some things have changed since I posted that but it will give you a good idea. See yall at the end of the season.

thanks rhea co we have a new coaching staff here struggled last wk but won the game got some good kids see u in week 11 hope u guys have a great season