Why is Hawkins (#10 MLB) not in East/West All-Star Game

thejuice09

Why did Devonte Hawkins from Austin-East not make the East/West All Star Game??? If you played against him you understand my frustration. Teams scheme against him, run away from him, and opposing fans leave the game wondering who he is.

The point being... Hawkins is one of the top players in the East, why is he not getting that recognition?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I was told by a coach who has coached in this game is that players are nominated per position from all the classifications then the coaches for that year choose from them. If the allotment at your position has been filled then they won't just put you in at something else. And if the coaching staff is made of up of coaches from other districts, they may choose players that they are familiar with.

• 4 weeks later...
Why did Devonte Hawkins from Austin-East not make the East/West All Star Game??? If you played against him you understand my frustration. Teams scheme against him, run away from him, and opposing fans leave the game wondering who he is.

The point being... Hawkins is one of the top players in the East, why is he not getting that recognition?

Coach has to be a member of TACA for player to be able to play in game I was told. TACA sponsors the game