Region 6

WrestlingGod

Alright! Our season has started guys! Hows everybody lookin this early.. Indy has been strong in the past, but lost some guys coming into this season. Can anybody stop them and take one of the toughest region in the state? What are some guys to watch this year and at what weight? Obviously guys like Cameron Croy whos a two time state champion and moving towards his third, and Blake Thomas, a state runner up and Fargo AA are at the top of the list. What do yall think?? heres a list of the weights, line em up with the best bets for region titles and possibly keeping that state title in middle tennessee where it belongs...

103-

112-

119-

125-

130-

135-

140-

145-

152-

160-

171-

189-

215-

Hwt.-

Lets hear em guys!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103- I know nothing about the 3s this year

112- Blake Thomas. Brentwood. (stacked weight class but this kid is ridiculous)

119- Is the 103 from brentwood here? And what about Chadwick from overton? Or is he at 125? dont know much about 19.

125- Compton. Franklin

130- Woods. Franklin (Dont know much about 25 or 30 this year so just leaving it up to the rankings)

135- Thigpen. Overton. Didnt wanna throw him out at the very beginning but i was impressed by his technique when i watched him wrestle this year. And is heithcock from indy here?

140- Josue Brown from Hunters Lane or Chandler from MLK if he drops (Chandler will do some damage if he can be here and healthy).

145- Brennan Cox. independence. strong little monster. no question. Also, I heard Mintlow from Glencliff might be either at 45 or 52. he'd make both of them work for it. I'd love to see him wrestle either weight.

152- McCoy Newberg. independence. Amazing off-season performance. kid's a monster and hes just a sophmore

160- Everette Colbert. McGavock. Don't know much about any other 60s this year. If Clemmons goes here then itll be more interesting. And i think i read somewhere that Hoop might wrestle 60??

171- If Clemmons from Glencliff stays here i think he'll take it but i think he'll drop. If he does then its up in the air. but possibly Caldwell from Antioch or Garcia from McGavock.

189- Excited to see Garrett vs White in the finals (unless there's a sleeper somewhere). I think Garrett will take it.

215- Mr. Harvard with 1st period pins all the way through state. I expect the same thing for him that Carrethers from BA did to anyone he wrestled in state last year.

HWT- Don't know anything about this weight either.

I'm interested to see if any kids will be changing weights. And its really early to tell the level of everyone's improvement during the off-season. I definitely think this years regional tourney will be a lot more entertaining though

Good post anklepick, Ill try to help by answering the questions youve posted...

103- Ravenwood has a stud here who goes by the name of Jacob Freeman, lol. He should take the region, but watch out for little Overton from Indy here too.

119-Yes Ben Smith is there and should be the favorite for the region this year. But watch out for Ernie Overton, that is my prediction for the region finals, with Smith taking a decisive victory. Not sure on Chadwick, I thought I had heard he was at 25 but I may be wrong. But the secret is that when Austin Cox from Indy returns he will be here, if he makes it he takes the region.

125- Brad is toughhhhh. No denying that at all, a couple others that could possibly ruin his run at number 2 region title. Chadwick from Overton and my little brother should make some noise at the region tourney.

130- Personally I have been saying all year Austin Woods is my pick for a state title. Heithcock is not at 35 he has been wrestling here all season. It should be an interesting match to watch, but I think in the end Woods is gonna come out big, hes already majored Greg Shepard from Dickson Co, and last year he looked really impressive with a quick pin over Jake Gamble from Soddy. Heithcock on the other hand has already had his fair share of good matches. A big 4-0 win over Chancey Wilson from Clarksville NE (ranked nubmer 2 on tennwrestling.com), should help get his name out there more.

135- Yes Thingpin has improved leaps and bounds, another Indy guy to watch, sorry, is Kevin Bratt, denied Josh Overmyer a bid to the state tourney last year and is a two time qualifier.

140-Brian Keifer from Ravenwood. Upset Austin Cox in the region finals last season, and is looking tough at 45 early this season, my suspission is that he will cut to 40 for the regionals and state tourneys.

152- Also watch out for Dylan Demombrian from Franklin, big senior and also ranked in the top 5.

160- Also watch out for John Shrader, a sophomore coming back from an injury last season and is looking really strong. Beat Demombrian at a preseason tourney by three or four.

171- Watch out for Christian Tambellini from Indy.

Hwt.- Dalton Burge from Indy should take it pretty easily and look to make a good run at a state title.

January marks the beginning of the bulk of the season. Ravenwood looks really tough right now, but can they match Franklin's level of talent?? Can Indy get everybody at their weights? They are also missing three starters right now, hopefully they can get back in the lineup by the time region duals. But without a doubt, there is some serious talent in region 6 this year. I wish someone would do region 6 rankings, just for us. That would be nice. :popcorneater:

130- Personally I have been saying all year Austin Woods is my pick for a state title. Heithcock is not at 35 he has been wrestling here all season. It should be an interesting match to watch, but I think in the end Woods is gonna come out big, hes already majored Greg Shepard from Dickson Co, and last year he looked really impressive with a quick pin over Jake Gamble from Soddy. Heithcock on the other hand has already had his fair share of good matches. A big 4-0 win over Chancey Wilson from Clarksville NE (ranked nubmer 2 on tennwrestling.com), should help get his name out there more.

When did Woods major Shepard and Heithcock win against Chancey Wilson? Those seem pretty hard to believe.

When did Woods major Shepard and Heithcock win against Chancey Wilson? Those seem pretty hard to believe.

Austin Heithcock beat Chancey Wilson 4-0 at the Antioch preseason tourney, and Austin Woods majored Greg Shepard at a preseason tourney, i cant think of the name of it for the life of me, but the score was 10-2. And neither of those are really hard to believe.

119- Alex Bennett from Franklin already beat Ben from Brentwood in a preseason this year.

130- Woods will for sure be in the state finals.

152- John Shrader has been wrestling 52 this season and as soon as Demonbriun certifies they will wrestle off, but Shrader has already beaten him so it will be intense.

Hey a birdie told me to ask who this was.

• 4 weeks later...