Chattanooga vs Knoxville and or Memphis

motherof24

Tough call. I'd say yes for Knoxville even with some good teams like Oak Ridge-if you call Chattanooga the whole Chattanooga area. The Cleveland schools normally could compete with most any in the Knoxville or Memphis areas, especially Knoxville, maybe not every year but usually. Other than that there hasn't been proven consistency lately for Chattanooga schools and those west of the city (Sequatchie, Grundy, etc). The top few Memphis schools would have to be favored over most if not all in the Chattanooga area.

The breakoff is really not hard and has been outlined really by Districts and thus population. AAA districts 1 and 2 are Upper East Tennessee, 3 and 4 are Knoxville, 5 and 6 could be Chattanooga but 6 could be also with 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 in Middle and West Tennessee is 13, 14, 15 and 16. Population means a lot but Chattanooga because of area has a lot of small schools.

Chattanooga has a lot of very strong small schools but one only has to look at their Districts and where the Districts are located to know where to place their location. With the separation of A and AA one only has to look at where the bounds are to understand wheere they could fall.

Opinions are opinions but 6AAA is a Middle Tennssee District but since Region 3 covers Districts 5 and 6, one in Chattanooga and one from Coffee all the way to Crossville, it could be otherwise. Some of the smaller school Districts go from the middle of the state down to Chattanooga seem to be best placed in Chattanooga area.

There is no true answer but `opinion. You can follow the senario which I mentioned all thru the state and it gets more complicated and from an organizational point of view, and I quickly am getting in trouble here, why does it make any sense to have the State split up in Divisions like this. Just go to West Tennessee and look at the small school Districts and tell me why small school Districts have to go from the Tennessee River to close to Memphis and the answer is population.

So where the divide might be has been set up generally how the districts have been organized.