2010 1A Football

croz6110

I think you'll have to throw Huntingdon in there. They have good numbers for 1A ball.

Yep and they will have Britton Thompson back as well. Losing Mr Holder though is giong to be impossible to replace. They will have to look at changing things up some. But you can count on them making a run.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next year for Union City there will be only about 5 seniors but i heard Union City also has a lot of kids from the Class of 2011 coming back as seniors... there were around 21 freshman football players in 2007 from the class of 2011, they had a great freshman football season, they were undefeated and this was before Coach Bowling was the head coach of Union City... if these players return then UC will be a hard team to beat in 2010

next year for Union City there will be only about 5 seniors but i heard Union City also has a lot of kids from the Class of 2011 coming back as seniors... there were around 21 freshman football players in 2007 from the class of 2011, they had a great freshman football season, they were undefeated and this was before Coach Bowling was the head coach of Union City... if these players return then UC will be a hard team to beat in 2010

They had two players transfer to OCCHS.....One died in a traffic accident....A good number of the others quit to play basketball and some of those have since quit basketball...

Had that freshman group stayed together next season's team would be a "repeat" contender....

I'd still say next season's team would have to be considered as the main contender for the District championship....

The trip to Trigg County, KY will be tough to open the season....Trigg ended up 7-5 and made it to the 2nd round of the KY 2A playoffs..They were in a rebuilding mode last season....Playing in Huntingdon at Paul Ward Stadium in NEVER easy....OC will be as good or better than this season, even with the kids they lost..There will be a few surprises with that team....T.C.A will come to Union City but they will bring with them Jabriel Washington..UC will have to find an offensive line....

I have a feeling Greenback may be pretty good, they were really young. Midway or Harriman could also make a little noise.

Pujo,Grace will again be strong,south pitt more than likely a contender again,and yes the cherokees of Greenback will be in the hunt,whats funny Pujo,we will be younger next year than this,BUT these young kids can play football,seymore our freshman running back got district rookie of the year honors(over 1000 total yards this year)we will be back to playing Greenback football next year,unlike this year the kids are excited and are in the weight room like you wouldnt believe!look forward to keeping in touch through the off season,good luck to your dawgs!